Oha!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Media obsession, sinister intend?

Someone explain this little gem to me:
MSN homepage (I think), having these stupid ads on the side bar.

Today's gem, about 'did you know arrest records are online' blah blah.
Everybody likes a good mugshot, right!

But good grief, as many people as getting arrested every day alone...
Zimmerman is not once but 4 times on that lineup!

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a scam, anyway... OK, not really a scam, but not every state, and not every jail puts arrest records and mugshots online in an easily available format. While the arrest is generally a matter of public record, in many cases, you have to go to the courthouse or sheriff's department directly, and, even then, may not be able to get a mug shot in most cases.

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's a scam, anyway... OK, not really a scam, but not every state, and not every jail puts arrest records and mugshots online in an easily available format. While the arrest is generally a matter of public record, in many cases, you have to go to the courthouse or sheriff's department directly, and, even then, may not be able to get a mug shot in most cases.

Interesting side note...

But I was just flabbergasted that they put the one face on there 5 times.
I hope they pay the man for using his mug, I mean likeness in this manner....

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
[h=1][/h] [James Earl Jones] OHA! [/James Earl Jones]

MV5BMTM5NjM0MzA2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzMxMDkwMw@@._V1._SX640_SY866_.jpg

:D

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/inquiry/inquiry-index.jsp

Maryland has a great online system for looking up arrest and traffic cases as well as civil cases.
No pictures but just enter a name and poof. I wish other states were this easy. We get a lot of suspects from Delaware Va and Pa here and it would be helpful to see records without waiting for a dispatcher to wait for a commercial on the TV to run a criminal history

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best is LInX, if it's available to you. I can access it in the street... (Existence isn't classified or anything like that... It's basically a tool that lets participating agencies in a very wide area share information by getting info from RMS files.) For VA, also, there's the Case Information System. All General District courts participate, and some circuit courts. Most felonies in VA start with a prelim in the General District Court, so you can catch it there.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Best is LInX, if it's available to you. I can access it in the street... (Existence isn't classified or anything like that... It's basically a tool that lets participating agencies in a very wide area share information by getting info from RMS files.) For VA, also, there's the Case Information System. All General District courts participate, and some circuit courts. Most felonies in VA start with a prelim in the General District Court, so you can catch it there.
Yeah I have LInX access as well I just cant remember my password lol.

Latest Discussions