Oh no.. it can`t be THIS bad??

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not up to black belt level, for sure. Although the guy on the right in the second set wasn't so bad.

This is what happens when places offer an 18 month black belt.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If I've eaten real spicy mexican....that wasn't cooked quite right..... I can almost move that bad. :D

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
GTFOH ( Get The **** Outta Here)..

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't have the appropriate smiley to hand but I just laughed my socks off watching that - I had to stop it at the half way mark as I was too busy chortling to watch properly.

Now I'm assuming that this isn't some special style I've not seen before where stiff and ungrounded moves are used to disorientate the opponent?

Maybe it's a variant style especially targeted for use against other trained martial artists, ruining their focus and timing via the use of imposed shock and disbelief :lol:.

Thank you very much for that one - I needed the laugh :tup:.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've seen this one before. You usually see that when you have older guys (those guys all appear to be at least 35 if not 40) who have been given a time limit on a form they're used to doing slow or at their own pace. It's indicative of lazy training or a lack of training often enough, I think.

Poor guys.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hey now... they're black belts! Give them...(snicker) the... (chortle) the re-(giggle)... respe... re...respect... :lfao: th-they d-deserve.

The greatest Martial Arts Comedy team ever! Whoo!

It is sad (seriously) that there are schools who teach in such a way that the end result is this spaz type of walking (or was it stomping??) and that they couldn't even coordinate well enough to finish altogether. Sigh.

It was a good giggle though. Sorry to say.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, it did look like they were scrambling, and technique was suffering measurably. Very bizzarre.

On the other hand, it looks like Bullshido.net had a specific agenda to look for clips that make people look bad. Kind of an internet hatemail sort of thing. I wonder if these clips were cherry-picked out of a larger context, that would have made it all make sense. Maybe they were putting the students under pressure by making them do the kata much faster than it should be, just to see how they would handle it. I don't know. It looked really bad, but obviously that's what Bullshido wanted...

I'm sure we could all find poor examples of any style in existance. That doesn't represent anything except a poor example.

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, it did look like they were scrambling, and technique was suffering measurably. Very bizzarre.

On the other hand, it looks like Bullshido.net had a specific agenda to look for clips that make people look bad. Kind of an internet hatemail sort of thing. I wonder if these clips were cherry-picked out of a larger context, that would have made it all make sense. Maybe they were putting the students under pressure by making them do the kata much faster than it should be, just to see how they would handle it. I don't know. It looked really bad, but obviously that's what Bullshido wanted...

I'm sure we could all find poor examples of any style in existance. That doesn't represent anything except a poor example.

I can't speak as to that forum, but I think I can say that if one is on a fault-finding mission, one will usually find a lot of faults. ;)

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I can't speak as to that forum, but I think I can say that if one is on a fault-finding mission, one will usually find a lot of faults. ;)

Yes, it's just that they titled the film clip "A YMAS production". YMAS = Your Martial Art Sucks. That speaks volumes on their intent.

I happened to notice there were a number of youtube clips in this series by Bullshido. They took aim at TKD, Ninjitsu, Aikido, and others. I think they just look for the worst clips they can find and compile them together. I don't know if it's tongue-in-cheek, or if they really want to discredit these arts.

The TKD video had a clip where a (apparently) TKD guy was fighting in what looked like an MMA match. He got taken down, then picked up and slammed onto the back of his head and neck, with his body folding over the top. I had the volume down because I am at work, but it looked like the guy was screaming, might have actually broken his neck, definitely was seriously hurt. I guess I don't see the humor in pointing at that as a spectacle to laugh at. Just my opinion.

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, it's just that they titled the film clip "A YMAS production". YMAS = Your Martial Art Sucks. That speaks volumes on their intent.

I happened to notice there were a number of youtube clips in this series by Bullshido. They took aim at TKD, Ninjitsu, Aikido, and others. I think they just look for the worst clips they can find and compile them together. I don't know if it's tongue-in-cheek, or if they really want to discredit these arts.

The TKD video had a clip where a (apparently) TKD guy was fighting in what looked like an MMA match. He got taken down, then picked up and slammed onto the back of his head and neck, with his body folding over the top. I had the volume down because I am at work, but it looked like the guy was screaming, might have actually broken his neck, definitely was seriously hurt. I guess I don't see the humor in pointing at that as a spectacle to laugh at. Just my opinion.

I just want to point out here, before we start bashing other forums or websites, that doing so is against the rules on MT, so let's keep that in mind as we discuss the video and its implications.

:asian:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I for one just find it funny that a video can cause so much, these people maybe doing there absolute best here and is that not what MA is about one finding out there own abilities and accepting ones fault and work on them to get better maid spirit and soul. I hope when I really get old and tired and my skill completely goes down the drain that people will remember all those year prior to that one day.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I just want to point out here, before we start bashing other forums or websites, that doing so is against the rules on MT, so let's keep that in mind as we discuss the video and its implications.

:asian:

Sorry, didn't intend it as a bash of them specifically. Just commenting on the mindset that we often see, and that was just the example at hand. Will watch my step...

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, watching your step is good, because you know what bulls leave behind em. :D

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry, didn't intend it as a bash of them specifically. Just commenting on the mindset that we often see, and that was just the example at hand. Will watch my step...
No worries!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay I am going to try and take the high road and not comment as anything that I say would not be in a positive light. So...... no comment!
icon6.gif