Official MartialTalk Myspace page.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Holy Hannah, I have to take some lessons on setting up a myspace site from Drac! Man that is nice. Mine is a couple of hours old and just a Plane Jane generic version. I can see how my evening will be spent after the Ruffians are tucked into bed.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Holy Hannah, I have to take some lessons on setting up a myspace site from Drac! Man that is nice. Mine is a couple of hours old and just a Plane Jane generic version. I can see how my evening will be spent after the Ruffians are tucked into bed.
My page is really plain Jane too, but I'm waiting until I get broadband to do it up.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll probably be setting up a few more shortly.
Customization's easy, but you have to run IE to do it unfortunately.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'll probably be setting up a few more shortly.
Customization's easy, but you have to run IE to do it unfortunately.

Oh crap, I HATE that browser. Well, I'll suffer through tonight then hopefully not have to fire it up again for another 6 months at least.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've never done a myspace thing before. I should get on that ****, really, at some point (although, I would have certain limitations).

Paul,

I can help you. It is not too hard even I can do it. ;)

Everyone else,

I tired to add some, but I think I messed up last names. Please feel free to add me as a friend.

Thanks

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Paul,

I can help you. It is not too hard even I can do it. ;)

Everyone else,

I tired to add some, but I think I messed up last names. Please feel free to add me as a friend.

Thanks

It's the time and energy that I need to not be wasting on a myspace page, is really the problem. Plus, my dick head friends keep using my name here on MT, so I could only expect it would be worse if I had a myspace page.. ;)

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Okay, I have asked to be a friend there. My username on that thing is 'robstr12'. It will be very clear that I am not some spammer bot or anything when you look at the profile.

And, yes, that profile loads nice, it does not have a lot of that heavyweight nonsense which is so loved by the young users. It should be smooth, not overladen. That's good.

Some people fatten those things up so much it will crash a browser, and there is no sense in that!

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And, yes, that profile loads nice, it does not have a lot of that heavyweight nonsense which is so loved by the young users. It should be smooth, not overladen. That's good.

Some people fatten those things up so much it will crash a browser, and there is no sense in that!
Word! ;)

There have been pages I couldn't load ... sometimes I wonder if some people have Crays. :lol2:

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Ha ha, yes. It is the young people who do this. Its as if they wish to outdo each other, in a competition for more and more flashy graphics and so on.

Every single tutorial or book about web development that I have ever seen says that CONTENT should be much more important than PRESENTATION. Yet, these youngsters (and I would assume some adults as well) lay into it with all of this glittery flashy gif images to the point that it fills up the buffer on the end user's computer!

I suppose that it is better than that facebook thing, which is very dull and boring. At least I have my myspace set to where I don't have to hear that autoplay of all of the rock-n-roll music. That was a bummer, too!!!

These kids must buy the latest computer parts. They are "early adopters" of the new technology. Yet, they end up making their myspace innaccessible!!!

Latest Discussions