Officer Down: Sensei Sonny Kim

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Normally, I don't post in this forum, since I'm not law enforcement personnel.

Something like this usually gets posted in the Memorial forum, but I'd like this to be here for a while, in honor of the boys in blue, and because this matter is going to be a topic of discussion that will probably include things that aren't appropriate for that forum.

This is a post I had hoped I would never make, since this happened to someone who I had just recently met.

Having recently joined the WTKO, I met Sonny Kim when going to one of his Karate seminars in Nashville, TN. Even though I had only worked with him for a few hours, I can say that he was a very friendly fellow, upbeat, as well as enthusiastic and very knowledgeable about his martial arts. He was able to teach an excellent seminar, that was of benefit to everyone there, including several from other different martial arts systems.

It was great to meet him, and I was definitely looking forward to his visiting our dojo this fall.

I also understand that he was quite a family man, and an outstanding law enforcement officer, a veteran of almost three decades of service.

Sadly, he was killed in the line of duty, when responding to a trap 911 call.

We lost a brother Ominous warnings then a gunfight

Rest in peace, Sensei Sonny. May the Good Lord watch over your family.

To the folks manning the thin blue line, stay safe.

Last edited:

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There is a Gofund me account set up for his family I saw this afternoon.

Latest Discussions