Officer Down: A Memorial to Fallen Officers.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sergeant Steven Kenner, Bismarck (ND) Police Department

$c_sergeant-steven-kenner.jpg $bismarck-police-department24.jpg

Rest In Peace.

SavageMan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
On February 18, 2012 Sgt. Michael Todd May of the Monongalia County Sheriff's Department was killed when his cruiser was struck by a drunk driver that Deputy May was attempting to stop during a high speed pursuit that had went through two states starting in Monongalia County, West Virginia and ending in Greene County, Pennsylvania. Sgt. May was an eleven year veteran of the Monongalia Sheriff's Department and is survived by his mother, father, and his brother. The drunk driver who Sgt. May was attempting to stop (Jarad Allen Green) had been arrested five times in Oklahoma for DUI prior to him striking Sgt. Mays cruiser and killing Sgt. May. Sgt. May served his community and gave his life in the line of duty, let us honour his memory along with the rest of our fallen brothers and sisters. End of Watch Brother Thank You For All Your Service.

SavageMan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
On August 28, 2012 West Virginia State Trooper Cpl. Marshall Lee Bailey was shot and killed in the line of duty. After taking a drunk driver into custody Bailey and his partner were both shot after the suspect slipped his cuffs and was somehow able to obtain a gun. His partner Trooper Eric Michael Workman is still in critical condition. Deputy John Westfall who responded and exchanged fire with the suspect is in stable condition after surgery.

SavageMan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
On August 31, 2012 West Virginia State Trooper Eric Michael Workman died from the gun shot wounds he received in the line of duty on August 28, 2012. His partner Cpl. Marshall Lee Bailey was killed in the same incident when after a drunk driver which they had taken into custody slipped his cuffs obtained a gun and shot both troopers.

SavageMan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Correctional Officer Zachary R. Post age 24 died Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at his home in Morgantown West Virginia. He is survivied by his wife Courtney D. Post. Zachary was a Federal Correctional Officer at USP Hazelton. He was an outstanding officer and a good friend. He will be missed.

God holds a special place in heaven for the Soldier, the Law Officer, and the Fireman. There they are called Guardian Angels.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
[h=4]Police Officer[/h] [h=3]Patricia A. "Patty" Parete[/h] Buffalo Police Department, New York

End of Watch: Saturday, February 2, 2013

Police Officer Patty Parete succumbed to gunshot wounds sustained on December 5th, 2006, when she and her partner confronted an armed subject while responding to a 911 call about a fight at a convenience store at Elmwood Avenue and Chippewa Street.

As they searched the subject he produced a handgun and opened fire, striking both officers in the face. Officer Parete suffered a spinal injury as a result of the shooting and became paralyzed from the neck down. She died as a result of complications from the wounds on February 2nd, 2013.

The subject was convicted of charges in connection with the shooting of both officers and sentenced to 30 years in prison.
stars.png
Please contact the following agency to send condolences or to obtain funeral arrangements:
Commissioner Daniel Derenda
Buffalo Police Department
74 Franklin Street
Buffalo, NY 14202

Phone: (716) 851-4444
http://www.odmp.org/officer/21661-police-officer-patricia-a-patty-parete

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Virginia State Police have confirmed that Master Trooper J. A. Walker was murdered today in Dinwiddie County, Virginia. Reports are that another trooper responded to a report of shots fired, and found Master Trooper Walker. The responding trooper exchanged shots with the suspect, who was captured shortly thereafter. Master Trooper Walker had served the Commonwealth for 40 years.

Requiescat in pace

http://www.nbc12.com/story/21546758/shots-fired-at-vsp-trooper-on-i-85-highway-closed-in-dinwiddie

Master Trooper Junius A. Walker, Virginia State Police

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Former Trooper and acquaintance of mine I knew from working the same area. Killed himself the other day. He was never right after seeing two murdered kids. He left law enforcement and I never knew what happened to him. Not technically line of duty but in my opinion caused by the job. RIP John. Wish I knew you were hurting

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Former Trooper and acquaintance of mine I knew from working the same area. Killed himself the other day. He was never right after seeing two murdered kids. He left law enforcement and I never knew what happened to him. Not technically line of duty but in my opinion caused by the job. RIP John. Wish I knew you were hurting

Not easily recognized by governments nor insurance companies, but it sounds like complications from PTSD. It doesn't only effect military from combat. Sorry about any LEO, but as he was a friend, I know it is difficult, and more so because you didn't keep up with him.

I have always felt guilty about a former supervisor I knew, who I know felt he hadn't been treated right by the establishment, and probably hadn't. I also didn't keep up with him to have a clue he was hurting enough to eat his pistol. And of course now it is too late to try to help him. He was a good guy who tried to help his subordinates at all times.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hero! Nor for how he died but for how he lived. RIP

http://www.odmp.org/officer/21836-police-officer-rod-bradway

Officer Rod Bradway was shot and killed while responding to a domestic dispute call in a northwest Indianapolis apartment complex. Upon arrival, Officer Bradway heard cries for help and made entry into an apartment where he came under fire and was mortally wounded.

Officer Bradway was able to return fire on the subject and is credited with saving the life of the domestic dispute victim. Officer Bradway was transported to Wishard Hospital, where he succumbed to his wounds several hours later.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
$1404626675000-Renn-Perry-fin-8x10.jpeg
RIP Ofc Renn
With voices cracking and anger seething, Mayor Greg Ballard, Public Safety Director Troy Riggs and Police Chief Rick Hite said 21-year veteran patrolman Perry Renn had been shot and killed in an Eastside alley.
"Tonight we are here because we have lost one of our own," Hite said. "Perry Renn was a very fine and courageous officer."

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
$c_westerfield.jpg

Patrolman Jeffery Westerfield was shot and killed from ambush as he sat in his patrol car in the 2600 block of Van Buren Street.

A citizen called 911 at 5:50 am after discovering Patrolman Westerfield suffering from gunshot wounds in his patrol car, with multiple shell casing found outside of the vehicle. The exact circumstances of his death are unknown.

Read more: Patrolman Jeffrey Westerfield, Gary Police Department, Indiana

Latest Discussions