Now here's a good one...

OP
T

tmanifold

Speaking of breakfalls. I was talking to a group of students about the importance of ukemi. I remarked that with good ukemi you can fall quite hard and not get hurt. I then proceeded to jump up in the air, kick my legs forward and do a back breakfall. Unfortunetly, I beat my arms a quater second to late. I was winded but couldn't show to I suck it up and said see no problem. I then passed them off to anothe instructor so I could catch my breath with out them seeing.

Tony

OP
D

Danny

That reminds me of a similar story that happened to me...

Was about six years ago and my club had just moved in to our first dojang. In the training area there were 5 support columns. 4 square, 1 an I-beam. There was paddling on all of them so they acted like dallyon boards. Anyway two young kids were playing around hitting these posts lightly, afraid they would hurt their hands if they hit them hard. I explained to them that it wouldn't hurt because of the padding. Then proceeded to wind up and do a full power outward knife hand strike on one of the posts. Unfortunately I picked the wrong side of the I-beam. Ended up hitting a half inch wide, solid piece of steel, full power. Fighting back tears I told the kids see, doesn't hurt, and proceeded to ice my hand that was now about twice its normal size. Had a huge bruise on it for weeks.

OP
T

TkdWarrior

lol u guys r too much
ok here's my story not good
i was telin my bro spinning hook kick... i showed him around 4-5 times, then i started to tell them the mechanics/ movements of body... he tried to do it but couldn't so he asked me do it once more...so here i go...i spin n then at the time when i was about to hit(pad) i slipped n hit the almirah just close to him fall on my left shoulder, almirah is now not much use, hurt my heel n shoulder couldn't practice for 3 weeks... :(

-TkdWarrior-

OP
T

Taiji fan

I did a good one, before I had even started MA training. I was attending an evening class in a community centre and looking for the right room I ended up in hall where a TKD class was being held.....to get to the room where my class was being held meant I had to go through the hall......well, i was wearing a pair of heels and it was a slippy floor and i felt my heel slide and you know that feeling where you think you have just managed to catch yourself and I just breathed a sigh of relief when my foot went completely from underneath me and I went flat on my back infront of the whole hall...........it was worth it though, the instructor who picked me up of the floor was a bit of a dish and I did get a round of applause from the parents waiting to pick up their kids....and even though this is purely an egotistical statement it was a spectacular fall
:rofl:

GaryM

Green Belt
Reaction score
This happened to my instructor. He was teaching a class in an old warehouse in the neighborhood and the door was open. He had this heavybag hanging from one of those huge swingsets like you'd see in the park, like 2" iron pipes. One of his younger cousins comes by with a couple of his drunk friends and just takes a dead run at the bag yelling AAAAAAAAA! Tries a flying kick of some sort (he has no training, he's just a local drunk) but doesn't see the side of the swingset. Hit's it square on with his groin about three ft. up and then the AAA turns to Oooooo, and he slid down the pole to the floor. My instructor was laughing so hard he couldn't even ask the guy if he was all right. So the moron sort of rolls over and starts to crawl out . Sammy finally is able to stop laughing enough to help him up and asks Are you Ok!!?? The guy is all doubled up holding his groin and looks kinda sick but says real strained " no problem" and staggers out.

OP
Y

yilisifu

Back in 1968, I was running my kung-fu class at the college I was attending. One of my students was a Nam Vet who'd lost a leg (from below the knee) and wore a prosthesis with a foot and a shoe on the foot of it.

Several prospective students were watching class as we marched up and down the floor. When we got to kicking, I hollered for everyone to get some POWER into it. My one-legged student kicked so hard that his prosthesis came flying off and crashed into the far wall. He casually hopped over to retrieve it.

Unfortunately, every one of the prospectives departed....

OP
I

inbuninbu

I have a similiar story about dangerous flying objects...

I was at a class last summer and it was one of those really hot, sweaty evenings. We were doing kicks onto focus pads and its was my partners turn. He kicked it and 'cause I wasn't concentrating very hard (too hot, to tired) it just got ripped out of my hand by the power of his kick. The pad sailed across the room, through the open window and disappeared out into the night, landing in between parked cars. And I just stood there like with my mouth open...

My sensei was so not pleased and we had to go out in our angry white pyjamas and search for it before he'd let us back in the class. I was so embarassed and God only knows what the motorists out there thought!

OP
B

Bigodinho

I got one. A guy in our capoeira class was atempting a roundoff back handspring on a hardwood dance floor, with no type of previous training. He was in the middle of completing his roundoff when he let out a very loud, "OH *****!" He then continued into his back handspring and proceeded to land directly on his head. It was not pretty, but man, was it the funniest thing I have ever seen. He was ok, by the way, just a little stunned. But, how can you realize in the middle of a movement that your about to do it incorrectly, and continue to atempt the movement? He wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Along the lines of the axe kick, and base leg taking its leave...I was staggering home from the neighborhood watering hole when a car full of yahoos decided to pick on the three guys walking home. After an exchange of words, they pull up in their car next to us, ready to get out. I had just been inspired by a then-recent black belt mag article on Sijo Emperado, which recounted him warding off punks in a car by caving in the fenders with hammerfists. Thought I, "I'll axe the roof of the car". It had rained, and the ground was wet. Don't remember the middle...just throwing the kick, then laying on my back looking up at the night sky, spitting out pieces of my bitten tongue.

Don't think I scared them a bit. Tongue is still shaped funny.

D.