Now from Orlando...

wab25

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I used to frequent Budoseek, before they moved to Facebook. (I don't do much on Facebook...) But I missed the discussions that were had there. I have been poking around a while looking for a new place to learn and maybe ask a few questions. I have read through quite a few threads here (just lurking) and I like the atmosphere. So I thought I would at least register.

I have been studying Danzan Ryu Jujitsu for about 20 years now. (it does take me a while to learn these things though) I began my studies when I lived over in California. But, work moved me over to Orlando Fl. Sadly, there is not much Danzan Ryu down here in the South East. I put together a small Danzan Ryu class, that I teach here in Orlando, mainly so that I can practice what I learned. It would also be nice to get more of a Danzan Ryu community down here.

We have become part of a budokan in the area. We have lots of very good arts taught in our dojo: Aikido, Shotokan (Kenko Juko style), Daito Ryu, Judo, Kendo, Toyama Ryu, and Muso Jikiden EishinRyu Iaijutsu... as well as Danzan Ryu. All of the other arts are very well connected to their organizations and have great instructors. We also bring in some top guys frequently.

I have started training in Shotokan. But I enjoy training with as many of the other arts as time allows... mostly aikido and daito ryu.

I may be teaching now, but I really like the saying (forgot where I picked it up): "Its ok to teach, but never become the teacher." I keep a white belt in my gear bag, for when I train in these other arts.

I look forward to learning a thing or two from you guys.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, Wab25, nice to have you here.