Not sure what happened here, but I think maybe a mistake was made...

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://reason.com/blog/2011/05/16/marine-survives-two-tours-in-i

This is from Arizona Daily Star reporter Fernanda Echavarri's effort to piece together the death of Jose Guerena, 26, at the hands of a Pima County, Arizona SWAT team. Guerena, who joined the Marines in 2002 and served two tours in Iraq, was killed just after 9 a.m. May 5. Guerera had just gone to bed after working a 12-hour shift at a local mine when his home was invaded as part of a multi-house crackdown by sheriff's deputies.
Tucson KGUN’s Joel Waldman says the SWAT team prevented paramedics from going to work on Guerena for one hour and fourteen minutes.
The sheriff’s department maintains that Guerena was holding an AR-15 when the paramilitary force fired 71 bullets in his home, but other key parts of the government story have collapsed. While PCSD initially claimed Guerena fired the weapon he was alleged to have been holding, the department now says it was a misfire by one of the deputies that caused this deadly group panic inside a home containing a woman and a toddler:
A deputy's bullet struck the side of the doorway, causing chips of wood to fall on his shield. That prompted some members of the team to think the deputy had been shot, [PCSD spokesman Michael] O'Connor said.

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I am curious how this turns out as well.
I did not read your link yet, but I did read about this story earlier as well.
apparantly there three or four other houses searched in coordination to this one, and one of the houses turned up the evidence they were looking for.
I could not find any information if there was previous undercover work done that lead to the decision to search these houses, or what was going on.