Not a fake split

MartiaLee

White Belt
Reaction score
From martial arts icon, Jean Claude Van Damme has become one of the world-famous action stars. He started learning karate at the age eleven. What does he have to do on top of two truck parts?

This one is old but still gold.

OP
M

MartiaLee

White Belt
Reaction score
I've read something about it. According to Volvo, Van Damme does have one foot on each truck while the two vehicles slowly back up and get farther apart. For safety reasons, he was rigged with a wire so that if he would fall off he wouldn't die.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I've read something about it. According to Volvo, Van Damme does have one foot on each truck while the two vehicles slowly back up and get farther apart. For safety reasons, he was rigged with a wire so that if he would fall off he wouldn't die.
That's a great safety precaution. And IMO doesn't take anything away from it, unless of course he used them to actually hold him up (meaning the only way he could've possibly done it was with the wires).

It's cool and it's easy to bash the guy, but he's a great athlete. Certainly can't take that away from him.

KabutoKouji

Green Belt
Reaction score
I loved Bloodsport, and watching JCVD made me realise that he does seem to be a genuinely nice guy who is aware of his cheesiness sometimes

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Haven't seen him in ages. Nice guy, a gentleman.

Latest Discussions