No-touch pressure-point KOs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickcatcher

Green Belt
Reaction score
Do they work against resisting opponents really trying to attack you and are they useful in self-defence?

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
What do you mean by "distance"? Do you mean "no-touch"? If so, I think you will find that most here regard this type of thing as BS.

OP
kickcatcher

kickcatcher

Green Belt
Reaction score
I think kyushoworld have some no-touch KO clips: http://www.kyushoworld.net/

Here's a pic they have of one: http://www.kyushoworld.net/photos/Distance.jpg
rehosted:
s31ugz.jpg

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I used to think PP knockouts were a joke, till it was done to me. Now having said that I'll say NO WAY!! I don't see how PP's could be activated without touching.

Is it just me, or is that guy trying really hard to look like a Jedi?

P.S. If you do want to try it on me, would you have to come visit me? Or could you do it from the comfort of your own home?

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd like to apologize for the tone of my post above. Trying really hard not to put out judgemental and sarcastic remarks. Let that one slip bye.

Sorry again

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that PP's do have their place, just like anything. However, as far as the no-touch ones go....I think I'd honestly have to have it done to me before I could be a believer.

Mike

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Not sure what to believe here? But it the techniques really work in the real world? You would think the police, army, FBI, and everyone else would learn to use it to?

It would also be big news and feature everywhere?

Noni fruit/juice (popular in Hawaii)...many people making claims of medical successes.....I told the person if it was true...every pharmaceutical company would have it too? and the whole world would know it too?

Somethings cannot be explain and at times do work? This is something we must expect?

No-touch? almost like "you touch, you die" ...........Aloha

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Pressure point, yes.

A no touch KO is...well......BS.

I have said it before and I will not go into the whole story again, but a guy that does a no touch knockout on his students has done one thing..

Successfully taught his students how to fall down.

This has been discussed at great length here before

As for real world application if it were possible, would this work you think?

Mr. aggressor could you please wait a minute while I build up my Qi and then not move while I put my hands next to your head so I can knock you out without touching you

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
tshadowchaser said:
that about sums up my thoughts also till I am shown differently

Mine as well, although I recognize that psychological suggestion could be at work here (on the Uke) and that the no-touch PPKO guru may very well believe in it and, in his/her mind, not be a fraud.

OP
kickcatcher

kickcatcher

Green Belt
Reaction score
Doesn't Grandmaster George Dillman do no-touch knockouts? Surely someone so widely respected can't be promoting something if it's BS?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
kickcatcher said:
Doesn't Grandmaster George Dillman do no-touch knockouts? Surely someone so widely respected can't be promoting something if it's BS?

I still maintain that he has done a good job at training his students to fall down.

Many think Qi Gong is easy, and it is not. Many claim high levels of Qi Gong and they do not have them. Many think not only is Qi Gong easy it is safe too, and that is also false.

I fully believe high levels of Qi development are not possible without a very well trained teacher, and this means years and years of study not just a couple. And even with a high level of Qi development I still do not believe in a no-touch knockout. And there are Qi Gong professors at Beijing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine that agree.

I'm sorry, that bordered on a rant. I can get a bit carried away on the subject.

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
kickcatcher said:

oh sure, it's possible. do a search for it on the boards. there's actually a video of it done for National Geographic with his own son throwing chi balls at other people. it's great stuff.

dillman is a loon who WAS at one time a respectable martial artist. he traded truth and integrity for chi balls and 20 minutes on public television.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
kickcatcher said:

You're not baiting us, are you? :)

Do a Dillman search, if you are not. He's been done to death on this board as well as other boards, including one that I've seen you post on.

OP
kickcatcher

kickcatcher

Green Belt
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
I still maintain that he has done a good job at training his students to fall down.

Many think Qi Gong is easy, and it is not. Many claim high levels of Qi Gong and they do not have them. Many think not only is Qi Gong easy it is safe too, and that is also false.

I fully believe high levels of Qi development are not possible without a very well trained teacher, and this means years and years of study not just a couple. And even with a high level of Qi development I still do not believe in a no-touch knockout. And there are Qi Gong professors at Beijing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine that agree.

I'm sorry, that bordered on a rant. I can get a bit carried away on the subject.
So you are saying that Grandmaster Dillman, member of the World Wide Martial Arts Hall of Fame, has insufficient quality of instructor to have mastered the techniques he's teaching at seminars?

OP
kickcatcher

kickcatcher

Green Belt
Reaction score
I think the guy who posts here as PPKO is associated with the Dillman thing, maybe he can help explain this.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
kickcatcher said:
So you are saying that Grandmaster Dillman, member of the World Wide Martial Arts Hall of Fame, has insufficient quality of instructor to have mastered the techniques he's teaching at seminars?

No, I have no idea what he teaches at seminars and I frankly don't care what he teaches at seminars. If he is teaching a no touch knockout, I do not believe it and as far has WWMA I doubt he was made a member for his alleged no touch knockout.

Caesar was once a great general but there is some historical proof that says towards the end he was loosing it. That does not mean he was not once great.

And I now think Jonathan Randall was right, you are baiting us.

Have a nice day.

OP
kickcatcher

kickcatcher

Green Belt
Reaction score
I've done some internet research on google. It turns out Grandmaster George Dillman definately teaches no-touch pressure point knockouts:
Title/Name : Dillman No Touch Knockouts DVD
Author/Manufacturer : G. Dillman
Description : No Touch Knockouts: demonstrated by George A. Dillman, 9th Dan, and DKI Black Belts. Contains 24 incredible knockouts -- no touch KO's and light touch KO's, filmed live at Dillman seminars. 60 minutes
Price : $34.95
http://www.martialartssupermarket.com/index.cfm?action=showProd&subid=1056

Does that make him some sort of fraud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions