No Quidditch in the next Harry Potter movie?!

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
(those Phelps/Weasley twins are getting big!)

I wondered how things would work... the Potter books are based on one school year (one year of aging), but the movies are roughly two years apart (some are less). I've wondered if by the time they get to year 7 they start looking 20ish, not consistent w/ the books... I guess they can do alot with makeup and such, but hard to hide height :) Then again, they do wonders w/ Hagrid...

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Maybe this time we'll get to see Emma Watson show off more of her acting range than "scared" and "bitchy." :lol: And what's with the bags under her eyes in pic #3? Late night cast party, Emma?

barriecusvein

Green Belt
Reaction score
And what's with the bags under her eyes in pic #3? Late night cast party, Emma?

she likes to hit the beer when she parties, which is somewhat wrong given shes only 16.

emma%20watson%201.gif

OP
S

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Maybe this time we'll get to see Emma Watson show off more of her acting range than "scared" and "bitchy." :lol:

I just want to see her deck Malfoy again. :uhyeah:

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OP
S

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
yeah, probably not a good example. However, I would hate to be Ms. Watson and have every move I ever make looked at under a microscope and perhaps blown out of proportion.

'Tis the unfortunate price of fame. Look at what happened to Drew Barrymore after E.T. Wasn't she in rehab when she was Ms. Watson's age?

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh jesus.

Let the girl have a beer.

OP
S

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
I actually have been rethinking this whole "drinking age" issue, which is why I started this thread in the Study: http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39455

Drew Barrymore was drinking alcohol and using cocaine at age nine - and ended up in rehab by her early teens. River Phoenix died of a drug overdose at age 23. And don't get me started on the child actors from Diff'rent Strokes.

Generally, child actors and actresses who start using drugs and alcohol at a young age don't fare very well.

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
Generally, child actors and actresses who start using drugs and alcohol at a young age don't fare very well.

You only hear about the ones who go CRAZY with it. I think a great number of 15/16/17 year olds drink occassionally - child star or not - and nothing ever happens to them - and maybe they're just smart enough not to do it in front of cameras.

OP
S

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
maybe they're just smart enough not to do it in front of cameras.

Maybe I just have a low opinion of famous people in general, but it seems like too many of them have no qualms about behaving badly in public. ;)

Seriously, though...perhaps we can continue this discussion in the Study? Now back to Pothead...I mean Potter...

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=7&id=38509

watson_harrypotter5_tn.jpg
shadow_thumbnail_right1.gif
shadow_thumbnail_bottom1.gif
Will Watson Leave Potter?

Is she in or out? Emma Watson, who has played Hermione Granger in the first five Harry Potter movies, may bow out of the sixth, according to a report on the DigitalSpy.co.uk Web site.

Watson has hinted that she may not take part in the final two Harry Potter movies. The 16-year-old is currently filming the fifth film in the series, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, but has admitted that the time involved may lead to her having to forgo the final parts.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=7&id=38509

watson_harrypotter5_tn.jpg
shadow_thumbnail_right1.gif
shadow_thumbnail_bottom1.gif
Will Watson Leave Potter?

Is she in or out? Emma Watson, who has played Hermione Granger in the first five Harry Potter movies, may bow out of the sixth, according to a report on the DigitalSpy.co.uk Web site.

Watson has hinted that she may not take part in the final two Harry Potter movies. The 16-year-old is currently filming the fifth film in the series, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, but has admitted that the time involved may lead to her having to forgo the final parts.

Hmm, I was under the impression that the kids (and adult actors) were all under contract to finish the movies. If this is the case then Watson will hurt her career with that breech of contract if she leaves.
The world waits with baited breath. :D

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I thought they had only committed for the first 5 movies.

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you are right Kacey, only the first 5 movies are under contract.

Latest Discussions