No McNuggets? Dial 911!

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I guess McDonald's corporate found out about this and send her a gift card for a free meal of her choice.

This is the same part of town, folks, where a guy called 911 because they were out of lemonade.

Is it a race thing? Did she feel she was being discriminated against? I'm also curious if her dialect was observed and prejudged. I dunno.

Still ... if you don't get your food or your money back, you call the Ombudsman or the local consumer activist ... not the cops. Sheesh.

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
In my fantasy world, where idiots get what's coming to them, this would be the fourth call:

Witless woman: This is an emergency!

911 Dispatcher: Lady, this is your fourth call for heaven's sake!

Witless: But this is a real emergency!!!

911 Dispatcher: Now you're even calling from a different phone....

Witless: I know... that's because when the police found out what this was really about, they shoved my cell phone up my ***! I need an ambulance!

911 Dispatcher: We can have one out there.... in maybe 3 hours...

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Still, if McDonalds took her money, lied about having a product they were unable to eventually produce, and refused to give her money back?

Fraud. Theft. Period.

Well, this is most likely a civil matter of having failed to uphold their end of tha bargain.

And this "all sales are final" crap is just that. The sale isn't final if you have failed to produce the goods being exchanged. The sale is ongoing at that point. And McDonalds appears to have failed to uphold their end of a contractually agreed to arrangement.

I'm not sure if this is contract law or not but certainly they failed to perform and were obligated to return her money to her.

But calling 911? That's grossly unreasonable.

Thesemindz

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is contract law or not but certainly they failed to perform and were obligated to return her money to her.

I was referring to the implied contract of the exchange of goods for services.

But as to calling 911, I agree completely. Like I said, there's a non-emergency number, if she really felt the cops needed to be called, that would have been the number to use.

-Rob

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, this is most likely a civil matter of having failed to uphold their end of tha bargain.

This is what I'm thinking as well. For example, I took a call from a young woman a few days ago. She stated that a few weeks ago, her car was disabled. A towing service went out, hooked up her car, and towed it. Apparently during all of this, there was some damage caused under thecar, due to the way it was initially hooked up. She wanted a police report to document this. That is a good example of a civil issue. The police can't force the towing service to fix her car, its up to her to take them to court and sue them for damage.

If I bring my Pathfinder to the Nissan dealership for service and they overcharge me for something and refuse to refund me, that is not a police issue. Now, if I'm causing a disruption in the business, yes, that is something the police can be called for, but as far as anything else goes, I will have to take Nissan to court.

This is a fine line, and I think its something that people, in this case, this nut from McDonalds, doesn't understand. There is a fine line between what is police action and what is civil.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would like to know exactly how FAT this person is.

And why they left school after 2nd grade.

Does her family tree have one branch?

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Saw this today.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29533731/

I strongly disagree with this:

"When you feel that you've been mistreated or misused or robbed out of your money, you have the right to call 911," Goodman said. "That's the purpose of 911, so I thought."

Ummm....NO! You were not robbed. And being mistreated or misused, as she claims in this siuation, does not fall into the category to call 911.

At least this person has it right.

"But Tiffany Bennett, an emergency coordinator for St. Lucie County, said the incident does not constitute an emergency.
"It's not an emergency unless there was some kind of disturbance or somebody threatening someone, and I don't believe that was the case in this matter," Bennett said.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
armed robbery = emergency
being assaulted = emergency
cold coffee != emergency
short changed at register != emergency.

people this dumb, should be shot.

Then they could have a legit reason to call 911.

Latest Discussions