No Bujinkan Ranking?

OP
C

Commuter

That was just one name that the Ninpo Taijutsu in the Classical Warrior Arts fromgram went by. I don't know why everyone is getting so defensive.

If its that big of a deal, though, I'll change it. I just typed the first thing that came to mind.

BTW, Merry X-Mas.

Michael Stinson

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Commuter said:
That was just one name that the Ninpo Taijutsu in the Classical Warrior Arts fromgram went by. I don't know why everyone is getting so defensive.

If its that big of a deal, though, I'll change it. I just typed the first thing that came to mind.

BTW, Merry X-Mas.
Commuter...relax...I don't think anyone is getting defensive (I certainly wasn't). I can see why Dan said what he said...but I also know why you wrote as you wrote it.

I think all in all some good advice was given here...and some slight corrections made to what appeared to be misunderstandings.

Merry X-Mas to you as well :)

OP
C

Commuter

Perhaps I was the one getting defensive. I apologize.

Most of my attempts to become a member of a Ninpo discussion forum have turned for the worse due to people becoming defensive of who I train under and how I go about getting knowledge. Many seem to think that if I am not a full-time member of a Bujinkan Dojo that I don't deserve to get my word in. The only two exceptions so far are Quest-L and this one. :)

Thank you for clearing up all the issues I have brought to the table, everyone.

Deaf

Green Belt
Reaction score
Michael Stinson said:
The only requirement is that you are a Bujinkan member (no rank requirement). As far as I know (at this time anyway) the same goes if you are a To-Shin Do practitioner...as long as you are a Bujinkan member as well there is no rank requirements. There are some things in the air which could change this, but only time will tell.

Yes that is what I have heard as well. You have to be a Bujinkan member in order to train at the hombu and with the various shihan I believe. I do not know nor think that you can get a Bujinkan Membership via the Dayton Quest Center. You might want to take this issue up with George Ohashi (sp?) at the kutaki.org forum. He is basically an administrator at the Bujinkan Hombu and should be able to answer your question for you.

Ok...Mr. Stinson, you have certainly struck my curiousity with your "There are some things in the air..." statement. What is in the air?

Deaf

OP
C

Commuter

I know I can get a Bujinkan Hombu Membership from Mr. VanDonk's site (http://www.ninjutsu.com). I don't think I'll go about spending my money on one just yet considering I don't particularly plan on going to Japan anytime soon with college draining most of my funds.

Michael Stinson

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Deaf said:
Ok...Mr. Stinson, you have certainly struck my curiousity with your "There are some things in the air..." statement. What is in the air?

Deaf
Nothing I am sure you have not read about elsewhere. I actually think little will come of it...but one never knows with these political thingies. *shrugs*

Latest Discussions