NJ: Fitness Professionals Licensing Act

Discussion in 'The NewsRoom' started by Bill Mattocks, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks Sr. Grandmaster

• Martial Talk Alumni
  2. CoryKS

CoryKS Senior Master

I never fail to be amazed by the wide-eyed adoration that people have for a college diploma. Apparently, there is no job in the world so simple that it can be done without continued education. As someone who has been working in the IT industry for nearly 20 years without a college education, I can only quote the Perl motto: There's More Than One Way To Do It.

3. terryl965

terryl965 <center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR

• Martial Talk Alumni
    If it passes there other states will follow suit, I wish these people would get a real life and figure out how to help the collasping ecenemy.

4. Mark Jordan

Mark Jordan Blue Belt

I have to agree with CoryKS. They should find another option other than this one

5. LuckyKBoxer

LuckyKBoxer Master Black Belt

While I think there are way to many unqualified people teaching martial arts, and are doing damage and harm to their students while doing it, I would think a better approach would be old style Kung fu theater challenge death matches....

Mr. Joe Bob....master ninja of the 19th degree.... i think your kung fu is weak!! I think you are a fake... I challenge you to the death.......

you know... the good old days.....
    or at least it used to be when I was a kid watching sunday morning kung fu theater....

6. jks9199

jks9199 Administrator Staff Member

• LifeTime Supporting Member
    Link doesn't seem to be working now -- but it's coming. In Virginia and a couple of other states, they've started with Yoga instructors via programs that advertise becoming an instructor. It's being treated as professional training -- and I'm sure martial arts "black belt instructor" programs are going to be targeted under the same reasoning.

Of course, on the plus side, this'll end up restoring the distinction between a black belt and an instructor...