Ninjutsu's past.

S

SRyuFighter

Could somebody give me a reference to a web site that gives a complete history of Ninjutsu. Thanks.

OP
M

Mon Mon

I would read the book History and Tradition by Masaaki Hatsumi to get a good idea of the history One site i know of is http://www.mbdojo.com The site offers Histories of 6 of the Nine Bujinkan Schools

if you can't reach the Hyper link type it in

OP
S

SRyuFighter

That's cool but I was looking more for how the Ninja became and the wars that the ninja's were involved in. I realize that it was dependent upon the clan but I was just wondering if anybody knew this about any of the clans.

OP
R

Ronin

Anyone know if Stephan K Hayes is still alive?

OP
M

Mon Mon

I am sure he Is still alive last time i checked

Bujingodai

Black Belt
Reaction score
SKH is still very much alive and doing promo's for RMCAT training camps.
I am not sure if he is a card carrying member of Bujinkan anymore, I know that he runs To Shin Do. And teaches out of Dayton OH.

OP
J

Jill666

Originally posted by Ronin
Anyone know if Stephan K Hayes is still alive?

Yes- he & his wife will be in Boston for a seminar. My cousin teaches Taijutsu (he's just been promoted to Godan by Hatsumi) and this will be at HIS instructor's dojo. I'm hoping I can get in.

Actually, if you want I'd be happy to get info & post it.

Pervaz

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Steve is still training (and he still has his bukijan card - however I cant remember when he was in Japan to train with Sensi - I think he is set on his own path !

P

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
Steve is still training (and he still has his bukijan card - however I cant remember when he was in Japan to train with Sensi - I think he is set on his own path !

Well, I read in a relatively recent article by Mr. Hayes that he trains with Hatsumi-soke AT LEAST once a year every year. I don't recall the specific link, however.....

And, regarding 'ninja history', some of the best resources I can think of are "Ninja Hiden Submission" and "Essence of Ninjutsu: The Nine Traditions" by Hatsumi-soke. And, of course, Mr. Hjelm's site, as well.

Deaf

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yeah..Mr. Hayes is still alive and well. His dojo web site is www.skhquest.com

He is basically on his own path, creating his style of ToShinDo which derives from bits and pieces of what he learned in Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu.

I honestly do not know if he is still a card carrying member of the Bujinkan or if he has been training with Hatsumi Sensei all that much. (you'll have to ask him yourself)

HTH

~D~

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
regarding the original post..... there is no such thing as a 'complete history of ninjutsu'. all we have is bits and pieces, most of which is validated by 'feeling' more than anything else.

Latest Discussions