Ninjutsu good for security agent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dunc

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello Stef97

By way of an introduction - I’ve trained in the bujinkan for many years and actively cross train in BJJ. I don’t have direct experience as a security guard, but have had quite a few students who work in security & they value their training very highly. For various reasons there are quite a few UK police officers in the bujinkan over here also

So please take this into account as I offer my perspective

The techniques that you’ll study in the bujinkan are predominantly stand up combining striking with grappling in jackets. The possibility of weapons is ever present and this has a big impact on the techniques

The curriculum, in my view, is very well suited to what it seems you’re looking for. It will give you tools to cope with a very broad range of scenarios (much broader than most styles) and has a depth & history to it which is fascinating

However, the practicality of it depends not only on the curriculum, but also the way it is trained. This varies considerably from one dojo/school to the next, so it really depends on who you end up studying under

My recommendation is to look for a dojo where they don’t fall over at the slightest touch and do have some resistance training, people being difficult with each other etc

To my knowledge there have not been any legal issues arising from security guards, bouncers &/or police officers training in the bujinkan. I think that the legal aspects are an important consideration, but likely if you train in any style they’ll be youtube clips out there that a lawyer could use against you

I hope this is helpful

D

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
No, the OP asked about a specific martial art in regards to her needs and desires... when you mentioned the BJJ courses, she replied that, while she was interested in that, that was not what she was asking about here.

No, they're not. They're asking about a specific martial art in relation to security work... and the exact type of security work has not yet even been addressed or established.

Good for you. I've spent 25 years in these arts, done numerous security courses both inside and outside of my training there, engaged with many security guards in different ways, our seniors have worked security themselves (not something I was ever interested in, so I didn't), and more. So I'm going to put my background up against yours pretty happily... as mine covers both areas, rather than your uninformed views (based on your deeply inaccurate posts regarding our arts here).

"If the OP was already a security guard and knew what the job looked like from a first person view'? I take you back to the OP.... "I am currently a security agent"....

Sure.

So my advice is based on knowing the art in question. As well as it's applicability. In other words, it's the only one here actually based on genuine knowledge of the question.

Once again, this is in the Ninjutsu section.... with a question about Ninjutsu.... so please tell me why you feel that you can make an assessment based on a complete lack of knowledge and experience in this art?

There is no attack, dude. Asking for clarification is not an attack. Questioning why they're ignoring the actual question is not an attack.

Oh, and you'll "shut me down"? Please. Firstly, I do have the personal experience. Secondly, you don't have the skills to do anything close to it.

Sigh.... really, Steve?

I recommend grappling approaches for security work... which includes BJJ, but also includes genuine Ninjutsu schools (which is the question of this thread), as listed in my first post. Secondly, I have trained in BJJ (Gracie)... which has been covered a number of times. And I hardly "dickslapped" Charlemagne... I pointed out that he was ignoring the actual questions of the OP.

I do train in Ninjutsu arts (Takamatsuden).
I have trained in BJJ.
I do know what I'm talking about.
If you think this makes "zero sense", then I suggest you reread and rethink.
I reread this post, and think it's very important. In it, you explain In pretty good detail how unqualified you are to answer the question, while at the same time alleging to be the opposite. And what's funny to me is I'm pretty sure that you have no idea how. Lol.

webmaster786

White Belt
Reaction score
I think Krav Maga is more interesting then Ninjutsu , its good and it weeds out all the elements of some other Martial arts that is essential and can be used in military or paramilitary work,

Fuhrer Drumpf

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hi I'm new here! I'm a 20 y/o woman and i am currently a security agent. I'm a black belt in Taekwondo but I actually stopped years ago. I want to go back in martial art and found Ninjutsu. I'm not familiar with this art so wondering if it would be good for someone with my background ? Thanks a lot!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Ninjutsu isn't even a real martial art. The real ninja may have studied something called "ninjutsu," but, according to extant texts, this training consisted of topics like "how to shoot a bow on horseback" and "how to burn a house down."

Modern "ninjutsu" is just people trying to recreate some aspects of ninja training with a liberal amount of imagination.

According to Wikipedia, ninjutsu training consisted of:

1. Bajutsuhorsemanship
  2. Bōjutsustick and staff techniques
  3. Bōryaku – tactics
  4. Chi-mongeography
  5. Chōhōespionage
  6. Hensōjutsu – disguise and impersonation
  7. Intonjutsu – escaping and concealment
  8. Kayakujutsupyrotechnics
  9. Kenjutsu – sword techniques
  10. Kusarigamajutsukusarigama (chain-sickle) techniques
  11. Naginatajutsunaginata (polearm) techniques
  12. Seishinteki kyōyō – spiritual refinement
  13. Shinobi-iri – stealth and infiltration
  14. Shurikenjutsu – throwing weapons techniques
  15. Sōjutsuspear techniques
  16. Sui-ren – water training
  17. Taijutsu – unarmed combat
  18. Tenmonmeteorology

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ninjutsu isn't even a real martial art. The real ninja may have studied something called "ninjutsu," but, according to extant texts, this training consisted of topics like "how to shoot a bow on horseback" and "how to burn a house down."

Modern "ninjutsu" is just people trying to recreate some aspects of ninja training with a liberal amount of imagination.

According to Wikipedia, ninjutsu training consisted of:

1. Bajutsuhorsemanship
  2. Bōjutsustick and staff techniques
  3. Bōryaku – tactics
  4. Chi-mongeography
  5. Chōhōespionage
  6. Hensōjutsu – disguise and impersonation
  7. Intonjutsu – escaping and concealment
  8. Kayakujutsupyrotechnics
  9. Kenjutsu – sword techniques
  10. Kusarigamajutsukusarigama (chain-sickle) techniques
  11. Naginatajutsunaginata (polearm) techniques
  12. Seishinteki kyōyō – spiritual refinement
  13. Shinobi-iri – stealth and infiltration
  14. Shurikenjutsu – throwing weapons techniques
  15. Sōjutsuspear techniques
  16. Sui-ren – water training
  17. Taijutsu – unarmed combat
  18. Tenmonmeteorology
to be honest, that all sounds pretty usefull, if you up date it a bit, replace swords, with how to use a knife, abd spears with how to fight with a broom handle. Horseman ship depends on where you are i suppose, in the country in could be usefull, in the city it could be replace by mountain bike skills. And weatherforcasting always comes in handy.

Fuhrer Drumpf

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Were you dropped as a child? Or born this ignorant?

Maybe listen more to @Chris Parker than reading your stupid Wikpedia

There's no historical evidence of shinobi fighting systems. In pre-modern Japan, the only hand-to-hand martial art around was jujitsu, which was highly varied and stylistic depending on which school or clan or teacher taught it. It's certainly possible that some shinobi may have learned jujitsu techniques, but shinobi didn't care for fighting a whole lot.

Fuhrer Drumpf

Orange Belt
Reaction score
to be honest, that all sounds pretty usefull, if you up date it a bit, replace swords, with how to use a knife, abd spears with how to fight with a broom handle. Horseman ship depends on where you are i suppose, in the country in could be usefull, in the city it could be replace by mountain bike skills. And weatherforcasting always comes in handy.

In my opinion, special forces are the modern-day ninja.

Fuhrer Drumpf

Orange Belt
Reaction score
what does that even mean?

It means that special forces teams carry out missions comparable to the ninja. When Green Berets were stationed in Afghanistan, for instance, they grew beards and spoke the language in an attempt to endear themselves to locals for intel gathering purposes.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
In my opinion, special forces are the modern-day ninja.
I always thought of Ninjas as feudal Japan’s Navy SEALs.

Edit: I think the Ninja were during Japan’s feudal period. If not, substitute whatever era it actually was.

Fuhrer Drumpf

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I always thought of Ninjas as feudal Japan’s Navy SEALs.

Edit: I think the Ninja were during Japan’s feudal period. If not, substitute whatever era it actually was.

I'm certainly no expert on ninja. I just get irritated by this "ninjutsu" nonsense. As a Japanese American, I want people to know actual Japanese history rather than the semi-mythical movie version of it.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It means that special forces teams carry out missions comparable to the ninja. When Green Berets were stationed in Afghanistan, for instance, they grew beards and spoke the language in an attempt to endear themselves to locals for intel gathering purposes.
,? Growing beards isn't really an elite skill, hell you just sit there and it happens

Fuhrer Drumpf

Orange Belt
Reaction score
,? Growing beards isn't really an elite skill, hell you just sit there and it happens

My point is that ninja often did stuff like this to get intel. According to Wikipedia, they were people watchers and good at dressing up and acting in various roles.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm certainly no expert on ninja. I just get irritated by this "ninjutsu" nonsense. As a Japanese American, I want people to know actual Japanese history rather than the semi-mythical movie version of it.
as an English man i want people to know that robin hoods wasn't real, but i don't winge on and on about it.

why do you find it necessary to keep citing your heritage, it doesn't make your opinions more valid?

Fuhrer Drumpf

Orange Belt
Reaction score
as an English man i want people to know that robin hoods wasn't real, but i don't winge on and on about it.

why do you find it necessary to keep citing your heritage, it doesn't make your opinions more valid?

I didn't cite my heritage to make my points valid. I'm simply annoyed at how non-Japanese appropriate my culture, morph it into something weird, and then preach to me how my karate isn't "legitimate" for whatever reason that doesn't jive with their false ideas, which is why I posted in the Ninjustu forum. There's really no way of expressing my frustration without acknowledging my heritage.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I didn't cite my heritage to make my points valid. I'm simply annoyed at how non-Japanese appropriate my culture, morph it into something weird, and then preach to me how my karate isn't "legitimate" for whatever reason that doesn't jive with their false ideas, which is why I posted in the Ninjustu forum. There's really no way of expressing my frustration without acknowledging my heritage.
who has said your karate isn't legitimate?

Fuhrer Drumpf

Orange Belt
Reaction score
special forces are elite, you said they were like,special forces

I said the special forces are like the ninja, and then I gave an example showing how. You're the one who brought up elite military skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions