Nice Event

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
On Saturday Sr. GM CE Sereff, retired from teaching after 50+ years and taught his last class at his gym.
Sr. GM Sereff was the first Non Korean to be promoted to 4th,-9th Dan in the ITF.. He will continue to act as President of the USTF.

The Floor is about 40' x40' and there were about 130 people on the floor, (11 to a row) 125 of which were Black Belts ranging from 1st -9th Dan. I think the first thru 3rd rows were 7th -9th Dan, but a 6th may have snuck in row 3.

As part of the event he had us introduce ourselves and state how long we had been training.. With one person at over 50 years the rest of the first row all had been training 40+ years.

Photos here.

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
On Saturday Sr. GM CE Sereff, retired from teaching after 50+ years and taught his last class at his gym.
Sr. GM Sereff was the first Non Korean to be promoted to 4th,-9th Dan in the ITF.. He will continue to act as President of the USTF.

The Floor is about 40' x40' and there were about 130 people on the floor, (11 to a row) 125 of which were Black Belts ranging from 1st -9th Dan. I think the first thru 3rd rows were 7th -9th Dan, but a 6th may have snuck in row 3.

As part of the event he had us introduce ourselves and state how long we had been training.. With one person at over 50 years the rest of the first row all had been training 40+ years.

Photos here.

Wow! That was a truly amazing event.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Wish I was a facebooker, can't see the photo. Sounds cool.

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
Love the pictures of the "100 yard stare" face cut outs :)

I only had the pleasure of training with GM Sereff at one training camp but he was a very impressive individual and has worked tirelessly to preserve and promote Gen. Choi's legacy.

Pax,

Chris

Latest Discussions