NHL 06/07 Season

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Getting down to the wire :) Looks like the Ducks have lost some ground and are about to fall out of their division lead! They had such a good start too...

The Canes are still in, but its going to be tight in the East...

Can't wait for the playoffs!

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll be at the Kings/Blackhawks gome tomorrow night. I know, I know, a couple of last place teams but I will still enjoy. Maybe see a few fights...

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'll be at the Kings/Blackhawks gome tomorrow night. I know, I know, a couple of last place teams but I will still enjoy. Maybe see a few fights...
you can't beat a live game. I enjoy watching on TV, but its nothing like seeing it live :) Gotta love those fights! What I don't like are fights that make no sense... one team is beating another by 4 with one minute left, so the other team thinks "gee, we can't beat them, so lets just physically beat them :p". While still a fight and exciting, its kind of obvious...

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Looks like things are getting close to winding down! Things look -really- tight in the East, with 6 teams having a legit shot for the final 3 slots. Things in the West are still in play, but it looks pretty set, with only one team in reasonable reach of encroaching into the field of 8 playoff teams.

Did anyone get to see the Fedoruk punch? It was pretty solid! Honestly, I don't think he should lose playing time. Everyone loves fights, it just happened that this time he landed a real punch. Now, on the other hand, that mess with that guy attacking a skater with his stick (Tootoo I think?) has no place in hockey, and I'm glad he got suspended!

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
well, the regular season ended, and so did the season for the Hurricanes :( Oh well... I'm hoping for a better year next year :) I must admit, I'm only slightly paying attn to the rest of the Stanley Cup. I might consider watching when it comes to the finals, but up till then, I doubt it...

anyone have favorites? Enjoying the series so far?

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
well, the regular season ended, and so did the season for the Hurricanes :( Oh well... I'm hoping for a better year next year :) I must admit, I'm only slightly paying attn to the rest of the Stanley Cup. I might consider watching when it comes to the finals, but up till then, I doubt it...

anyone have favorites? Enjoying the series so far?

Well, my Red Wings are still in it. Last night they finally beat Calgary at Calgary but it took 2 OTs. I feel like a zombie today I am so tired! Tonight is Dallas/Vancouver-game 7 so it should be a good one.

Miles

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, my Red Wings are still in it. Last night they finally beat Calgary at Calgary but it took 2 OTs. I feel like a zombie today I am so tired! Tonight is Dallas/Vancouver-game 7 so it should be a good one.

Miles

Same here. I'm hoping the Wings end up with Dallas rather than San Jose for the second round. It's not so bad dealing with Central Time games.

It seemed like almost as soon as my head hit the pillow I was already reaching for the snooze button!

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
How About Them Ducks???

They are winning. Up 2-0 in the finals. Good close physical games too. I think I would even pull for them if Pronger didn't play for them. There are just certain people you don't want to see lift the cup people like Dale Hunter, Marty McSorley, Claude Lemieux, and Chris Pronger.

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, looks like the Ducks won :) Good for them! I'm afraid I did not get to watch too much of this post-season... kind of sad my 'Canes did not make it :-(

Oh well! On to the next season! Go 'Canes!

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How About Them Ducks???
LIke I said...
icon14.gif

Latest Discussions