NHL 06/07 Season

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, we know him well :) He had that great run, then the abysimal year after that got him fired. Personally, I think it was a bit hasty, but in the long run, its worked out ok :) Especially considering we now have the cup :D

*Sits in the corner muttering to self - plotting the overthrowing of the Carolina Hurricanes*. BOOOOOOO!!!!! BOOOO CANES!!!! :0p ;)

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
*Sits in the corner muttering to self - plotting the overthrowing of the Carolina Hurricanes*. BOOOOOOO!!!!! BOOOO CANES!!!! :0p ;)

Sacrelige! *immediately gives TONS of negative rep*

hehe

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
The Ducks and Sabers with only one loss each, about 20 games into the season... all I can say is WOW!

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The Ducks and Sabers with only one loss each, about 20 games into the season... all I can say is WOW!

We all know that the team with the best record doesn't make it to the finals in the playoffs and you rarely hear people brag about winning the President's trophy last season. ;)

OP
Paul B

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Right? I caught the game last night and they just flat out stomped on the Canes..Ouch. Don't feel too bad,though Mr H..they'll be doing that to just about every team at some point this year. I shudder to think what they'll do to the Hawks. eesh.

The Ducks are on a tear also..but they're just seem *this* much slower than the Sabres..I am definitely looking forward to that matchup when it happens.

It's also good that TO is back on track..now to get the other 4 original 6 teams going....not a word outta you,bydand!:p

*Edit*

Ya got that right,crushing. I always think it's funny when the players don't even look at the thing when it's presented..much less touch it.

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
We all know that the team with the best record doesn't make it to the finals in the playoffs and you rarely hear people brag about winning the President's trophy last season. ;)

Agreed, look at the Sens every year almost. It's way to early to tell I think. As for the Sabres only loss this year, who was it that inflicted that eh? ;)

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
A couple of conferences look interesting... The every division in the Eastern conferences has only one team each with a losing record. The Southeast (home of the much beloved Canes) have only 6 point spread between the top and next to last in division! scary! The Western conferance has no divisions with only one losing team... the East looks fairly tough this year!

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
A couple of conferences look interesting... The every division in the Eastern conferences has only one team each with a losing record. The Southeast (home of the much beloved Canes) have only 6 point spread between the top and next to last in division! scary! The Western conferance has no divisions with only one losing team... the East looks fairly tough this year!

Well my opinion is that it's the tougher of the two conferences. People always go on about the West being stronger, if that's the case, how come the last 2 seasons have been won by Eastern conference teams? There are some great teams in the West, but overall, I think the East has it.

Bloody NJ Devils... :(

OP
Paul B

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well my opinion is that it's the tougher of the two conferences. People always go on about the West being stronger, if that's the case, how come the last 2 seasons have been won by Eastern conference teams? There are some great teams in the West, but overall, I think the East has it.

Bloody NJ Devils... :(

I agree for the most part. I think a few years back when Detroit(Boo),Colorado,and Dallas were in their heyday the West was stacked..now I think it's the East's turn for a while.

How about those Penguins? Those kids (Malkin,Staal) are the real deal.

OP
Paul B

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Woohoo! Fire the head coach and we up and win 3 in a row!

Way to be,Savvy!

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Bloody Leafs have dropped off again. Oh well, they'll no doubt be playing golf again next April...

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Canes are doing decent :) Second in the division, and if things end now they have a playoff spot.... still, I'd like a higher seed :)

I'm impressed w/ Anaheim. Only 3 losses this late in the season. Pretty awesome! Buffalo not far behind :)

Latest Discussions