NHL 06/07 Season

wee_blondie

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yeah I know its still early but its frustrating when you know they can do better! I will try to have patience.....Like my dad said:

"Expect nothing and you'll never be disappointed"

Think i'm gonna have THAT on my tombstone!

OP
Paul B

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah I know its still early but its frustrating when you know they can do better! I will try to have patience.....Like my dad said:

"Expect nothing and you'll never be disappointed"

Think i'm gonna have THAT on my tombstone!

I feel your pain,Wee. Last night we were roundly trounced. 5-0.

Bleh. I don't know if I can take another season of this Hawk's horror show on ice.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
How are my beloved Redwings doing? Living up here in the Northeast all I hear about are the blasted Bruins. I should die before rooting for them! I also love to watch college hockey, High school hockey, pee wee hockey, oh lets just say, if it is on ice, has a puck, and sticks I'll watch it.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
How are my beloved Redwings doing? Living up here in the Northeast all I hear about are the blasted Bruins. I should die before rooting for them! I also love to watch college hockey, High school hockey, pee wee hockey, oh lets just say, if it is on ice, has a puck, and sticks I'll watch it.

Redwings, not doing so good. I think the University of Maine has a decent hockey program. You may want to check out the Black Bears.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh, several of us go down a couple of times a season. They have a great program and the fans are awsome.

wee_blondie

Blue Belt
Reaction score
OMG: It gets worse....

I mean c'mon, Minnesota??? Even their team name sucks! Gotta keep the faith.....!!

PS love the bunny Paul! Very cute.

OP
Paul B

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
PS love the bunny Paul! Very cute.

Thanks Wee! :D

We've gotta get it done tonight! Jeesh! Have to kick Philly while their down and take advantage of all the front-office blunders.

On a brighter note..Tuomo Ruutu's back in the lineup..WoooHooo' Now let's see if he can stay injury free for a game or two.

Let's Go Hawks!!!

OP
Paul B

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well Wee...The Blackhawks have taken their usual November nosedive. If anything,my being a Hawks fan means being a glutton for punishment.:barf:

Anyhoo... Standings

It looks like our teams are doing great! Bleh..here's one on me to take the edge off.:drinkbeer

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorry about your Blackhawks Paul...

Naw, just kidding! That means my Redwings are doing good! Sorry about that, but being division rivals you know. I would feel bad about ribbing you, but any Blackhawks fan worth their weight , would NEVER turn down a chance to goad a Redwings fan you know.

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, the mighty Mapleleafs have won 7 of their last 8, their latest victory demolishing Montreal 5-1!!! Any Habs fans here? :uhyeah:

I can as a result of these wins, see that the actual winner of the Stanley Cup will be, without any hesitation, or shadow of a doubt, the Toronto Mapleleafs. You heard it here first folks, you can slap my *** and call me grand-ma should they not win the SC. *Prays that TO win the SC*!!

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, the mighty Mapleleafs have won 7 of their last 8, their latest victory demolishing Montreal 5-1!!! Any Habs fans here? :uhyeah:

I can as a result of these wins, see that the actual winner of the Stanley Cup will be, without any hesitation, or shadow of a doubt, the Toronto Mapleleafs. You heard it here first folks, you can slap my *** and call me grand-ma should they not win the SC. *Prays that TO win the SC*!!

well, I don't care for slapping of any form, but I doubt the Mapleleafs will win the SC... I'm thinking Buffalo has a very good shot this year.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can as a result of these wins, see that the actual winner of the Stanley Cup will be, without any hesitation, or shadow of a doubt, the Toronto Mapleleafs.

I'm thinking Buffalo has a very good shot this year.

Well you both have a shot of being correct; if the Redwings all come down with some strange ailment and puts them out for the rest of the season that is! :)

Actually, good luck to everybodies "home" team, there is a lot of the season left and I'm here for the enjoyment of watching a great hockey game, reguardless of who takes it all in the end. (forgone conclusion for the Wings though :wink2:)

wee_blondie

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Actually, good luck to everybodies "home" team, there is a lot of the season left and I'm here for the enjoyment of watching a great hockey game, reguardless of who takes it all in the end. (forgone conclusion for the Wings though :wink2:)

Yeah, there's loads of games to go....(c'mon flames pleeeeaaassse!!)

So I guess this year's tactic is to lie low before pouncing on the league and driving home victory!

Ah well, even if my first team isn't doing so great just now I can still enjoy my other top team - GO DEVILS!!!!!!

Ha, I was wearing an old shirt from the '04 cup finals and one of the guys on the rig asked what the stanley cup was. "synchronised ice-boxing" came my reply: you should have seen his face :eek:

Peachy! :boing1:

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
well, I don't care for slapping of any form, but I doubt the Mapleleafs will win the SC... I'm thinking Buffalo has a very good shot this year.

No no no no... believe me mate, I was being sarcastic. The Leafs won't win the SC, I was seeing how many people (Sens fans) I could bait. Don't appear to be many/any on here. How nice. ;)

Nah, I think you're right about the Sabres. However, that's the beauty of the NHL, you have no idea who'll win overall. Those that do swimmingly well during the regular season often choke in the first round *cough SENS cough*. :)

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
No no no no... believe me mate, I was being sarcastic. The Leafs won't win the SC, I was seeing how many people (Sens fans) I could bait. Don't appear to be many/any on here. How nice. ;)

Nah, I think you're right about the Sabres. However, that's the beauty of the NHL, you have no idea who'll win overall. Those that do swimmingly well during the regular season often choke in the first round *cough SENS cough*. :)

That said, our coach, whom I'm sure Canes fans will be familiar with, is Paul Maurice. He led the Canes to the SC finals in 02 didn't he? He's, thus far an improvement on PQ, as there's a much more up-tempo, fore-checking style of game being played by them. They create more turn-overs and chances now than they ever did under Quinn.

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
That said, our coach, whom I'm sure Canes fans will be familiar with, is Paul Maurice. He led the Canes to the SC finals in 02 didn't he? He's, thus far an improvement on PQ, as there's a much more up-tempo, fore-checking style of game being played by them. They create more turn-overs and chances now than they ever did under Quinn.

Yeah, we know him well :) He had that great run, then the abysimal year after that got him fired. Personally, I think it was a bit hasty, but in the long run, its worked out ok :) Especially considering we now have the cup :D

Latest Discussions