New Tracy DVD's?

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Anyone view the new Tracy DVD's, Basics of Kenpo or 5th Black?

Not I said the Little Red Hen. I have all the material on the old video tapes. Are the new DVDs with new enlightenment and/or personnel, or are they simply the original material xferred to DVD? Which, apropos of absolutely nothing, I will be doing over the next month or two. After that, if anyone is interested, I will probably have my whole set up for sale at a greatly discounted rate. :angel:

Jim Hanna

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
There is some new stuff, at least on some dvds. The K22 has a young man doing a great job on Tam Tui. The Book Set dvd includes the missing sections and is instructional. I'm not sure, but I believe that nidan was redone.

Jim

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I thought I saw something on Tracys website stating that all the videos would be completely refilmed, with new people. I think there was to be a big Tracys gathering, and those interested in being in the films would sort of audition, to get the best examples of everything on film.

I have sort of been wondering if this project has been completed. Seems like a huge amount of work, I wouldn't be surprised if it took even a few years to get it all finished.

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
There is some new stuff, at least on some dvds. The K22 has a young man doing a great job on Tam Tui. The Book Set dvd includes the missing sections and is instructional. I'm not sure, but I believe that nidan was redone.

Jim

Sigh ... Kind of makes me wish I was still in good graces and could get the new stuff. The complete Book Set would be worth having. And the NiDan tape needed to be redone for years.

BTW... Did I read or hear somewhere that the young man (then) who had done all the techniques on the NiDan tape had recently passed away? That is a shame if true. He was pretty talented, and good at what he was doing then.

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I thought I saw something on Tracys website stating that all the videos would be completely refilmed, with new people. I think there was to be a big Tracys gathering, and those interested in being in the films would sort of audition, to get the best examples of everything on film.

I have sort of been wondering if this project has been completed. Seems like a huge amount of work, I wouldn't be surprised if it took even a few years to get it all finished.

It is in progress. Some filming was done at the Super Camp earlier this summer, but you are right, it is a time intensive project. And, he is still only through 1st Brown on the photo manual project.

Latest Discussions