New to MT

hapkenkido

Blue Belt
Reaction score
hello and welcome to MT. i look forward to hear more about your art. i had seen somewhere and please correct me if i am wrong that each of the hindu gods had a martial weapon that they used.

myusername

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your warm welcome. I have a short article which explains some basic history and elements of the art which I have pasted below.......
MahaKaal

Thank you for posting this, I found it an interesting read :)

OP
MahaKaal

MahaKaal

Orange Belt
Reaction score
hello and welcome to MT. i look forward to hear more about your art. i had seen somewhere and please correct me if i am wrong that each of the hindu gods had a martial weapon that they used.

You are correct to an extent, some Hindu Deitys have specific weapons, for example Kalika carrys a Ram Dao Tegha, which is a forward curving double handed weapon, Ganesh is the carrier of a Axe and Shiva carrys the Trident. However in the fighting arts each Dieties form can used for more or less every weapon, but they will all adopt a specific characteristic which reflects their style.

OP
MahaKaal

MahaKaal

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Ive put some pictures below so you guys can see a few weapons techniques. I dunno if they will show up as im linking them from Facebook :S

Loh Mushti (Iron Fist Fighting) being taken to the ground.
n577510000_2293468_9149.jpg

Unarmed vs Kukri - (Kalika)
n577510000_2422134_1365.jpg

Unarmed vs Sword & Sheild
n577510000_2293472_6185.jpg

Unarmed vs Multiple Armed. Using opponent as sheild.
n577510000_2311324_645.jpg

1 vs Many - Tulwar & PeshKabz/Katar vs Swords & Sheilds.
n577510000_2293469_865.jpg

If these dont show up let me know and ill try to rehost them somewhere.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The pictures show up fine for me, MahaKaal :tup:.

Also, many congratulations for making such substantive contributions straight off the bat :rei:.

Catalyst

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hello & Welcome Aboard

Also, many congratulations for making such substantive contributions straight off the bat

Agreed, I've enjoyed reading your posts on pranayama, help for knees and the posts above, and think you'll be a great addition to our community.

jackmcmanus21

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
welcome Maha....thank you for the post and the insight. I'm looking forward to learning from you

Latest Discussions