New to Martial Talk

thescotts96

White Belt
Reaction score
Just wanted to pop in, stop lurking, and introduce myself. I am in Jacksonville, FL. I did some "Karate" as a kid but eventually lost interest in it. Wasn't until I was in my mid 30s that I decided to jump back in when I put my son in Taekwondo. Now in my mid 40s I am an instructor with a national TKD school. In the last couple of years I began branching out to learn new styles. I have been studying FMA and CSW for the last 2-3 years, messing around with traditional Okinawan Karate, and attend an open fight night every other week (which is tough in your 40s the next day). Forever the student. Glad to have a place to keep learning and explore more of the Martial arts community and looking forward to meeting some fellow martial artists.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just wanted to pop in, stop lurking, and introduce myself. I am in Jacksonville, FL. I did some "Karate" as a kid but eventually lost interest in it. Wasn't until I was in my mid 30s that I decided to jump back in when I put my son in Taekwondo. Now in my mid 40s I am an instructor with a national TKD school. In the last couple of years I began branching out to learn new styles. I have been studying FMA and CSW for the last 2-3 years, messing around with traditional Okinawan Karate, and attend an open fight night every other week (which is tough in your 40s the next day). Forever the student. Glad to have a place to keep learning and explore more of the Martial arts community and looking forward to meeting some fellow martial artists.

Welcome to Martial Talk. Looking forward to your input.

Anarax

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Welcome to MT

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Welcome to the forum. That is quite a schedule. I look forward to hearing your opinions .

Latest Discussions