kapas

White Belt
Reaction score
ahhh ok i understand, i wilk keep searchinf then, i do not have the bench

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I dont do gym nowz cause i have a problem with a nerve in my arm
I was searching about the abs exercices qnd i found this: Five-Week Washboard Ab Workout Muscle Fitness what do u think of it? Im a totally noob at abs

There are plenty of bodyweight and core exercises that will get you abs and help your muay Thai most of the guys who seriously train at our gym have definition. But they are also really light because they fight.

DragonNut

White Belt
Reaction score
I wouldn't pick up just "any" martial art. Muay Thai is one of those that work well on the street against unarmed attackers, because you learn to avoid, take and dish out a lot of punches and kicks and even clenching, but if you want to be prepared for every situation, you will need something that incorporates protection against armed attackers in addition to Muay Thai, something like Krav Maga maybe. That is, unless you have the fortune to find a school that teaches one of the Muay Boran styles properly, which is like the equivalent of Krav Maga, a military combat art, or in this case an assortment of that. But even then it would leave out some parts of the modern day battlefield issues like guns.

Things like knives are a major problem in self defense.

Last edited:

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I wouldn't pick up just "any" martial art. Muay Thai is one of those that work well on the street against unarmed attackers, because you learn to avoid, take and dish out a lot of punches and kicks and even clenching, but if you want to be prepared for every situation, you will need something that incorporates protection against armed attackers in addition to Muay Thai, something like Krav Maga maybe. That is, unless you have the fortune to find a school that teaches one of the Muay Boran styles properly, which is like the equivalent of Krav Maga, a military combat art, or in this case an assortment of that. But even then it would leave out some parts of the modern day battlefield issues like guns.

Things like knives are a major problem in self defense.
The truth about knife defense. You're gonna get cut, and it's just a matter of how bad the cut is going to be.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There are always so many assumptions made with these things.

They can't talk and cut you at the same time?
I would be careful with assuming that just because someone is talking doesn't mean that they aren't alert. Some people talk trash to push buttons with the main goal of getting the other person to react physically. He would have been better off acting as if he was trying to get the attention of someone who is behind the attacker and taking action then.

Knives are easy to understand, they slash and they stab. Don't move in a way that helps the slashing or stabbing. The position of the knife against the throat is going to determine the technique that one should use. He kept trying to use the same technique and was actually helping Nick (the attacker) to cut his own throat. Nick means well but some of his videos will get ya beat up.

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The position of the knife against the throat is going to determine the technique that one should use. He kept trying to use the same technique and was actually helping Nick (the attacker) to cut his own throat. Nick means well but some of his videos will get ya beat up.
The other thing to bear in mind is; if you are so switched off you have allowed someone to place a knife to your throat, are you suddenly going to be able to become switched on enough to pull of any technique.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
1000 crunches a day, 5 minutws of planking (side and normal) and side crunches are a good place to start, but there are a million ab workouts online you can find.

To the op do /not/ listen to that 5 minutes of planks especially if your not used to exercise is seriously dangerous and could cause you permanent injuries. Same with the 1000 crunches that's ridiculous you follow that advice you won't be training at all as you'll be out injured. Depending on your current fitness do maybe 10-15 crunches a day and a 30 second to 1 minute plank then when that gets easier gradually move up. Push it to hard you won't gain muscle you'll end up destroying them or be so tired and sore from it you won't do it the next day and you'll stop doing it

Latest Discussions