New to forum and martial arts!

Superperson

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi!

My name is Tiffany and I'm new to this forum and to marital arts in general. I took Karate in college but only took one class and got to a yellow belt. I loved it but at the time was unable continue due to fiances. skip some time and now I'm going at it again! I'm currently taking Hapkido with a little Teakwondo mixed in. I love it!
I exercise/ train 6 times a week to get my body martial arts shape as my goal is to be the best I can be! I hope to achieve a black belt one day.
It's nice to find a forum about martial arts so we can all come together and help and answer questions. nice to meet all of you!

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome.

But wait you got a yellow belt after one class??....wow you're probably better off that you didn't stay there lol

OP
Superperson

Superperson

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Welcome.

But wait you got a yellow belt after one class??....wow you're probably better off that you didn't stay there lol

Oh it was a college course so it went on for i believe four months or so!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk, Tiffany. :)

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score

Hmm, taking one class means different things in different places ;)

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, taking one class means different things in different places ;)
I figured she meant one course (e.g. PhyEd 103 - Intro to Karate). It’s not uncommon for people to say “I took a class in such-and-such in college” when they really mean they took an entire semester on the topic.

Welcome to MartialTalk, Tiffany!

Deafdude#5

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hello & welcome!
Be sure to have fun & show us your progress.

OP
Superperson

Superperson

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello & welcome!
Be sure to have fun & show us your progress.
Thank you and defiantly! How do I show progress? I might need to find a way to get videos of my training now and doing my forms and then take more down the line as i get better.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I figured she meant one course (e.g. PhyEd 103 - Intro to Karate). It’s not uncommon for people to say “I took a class in such-and-such in college” when they really mean they took an entire semester on the topic.

Yep, and that's a rare phrase here. If you say you took a class, you took A class.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Tiffany :D. That's great to hear you're enjoying your training!

It's a great forum so feel free to post away, great to have you here :)

Michele123

Green Belt
Reaction score
Welcome! Last fall I started Taekwondo after 18 years off from karate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest Discussions