new self-defense programs based on techniques from X-Kans..

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
what would be the definition of the two?

Well, at the rest of mucking up and making myself look like an ***....

Ninpo is supposed to be more like a philosophy, a way of looking at and doing things, a sort of worldview, having a lot to do with things like strategy, philosophy, and so on.

Ninjutsu is supposed to be a collection of martial arts skills one would find particularly useful on a sabotage or intelligence mission.

That's how I've been explained it, anyways.

Laterz. :asian:

OP
W

wadokai_indo

heretic888 said:
Ninjutsu is supposed to be a collection of martial arts skills one would find particularly useful on a sabotage or intelligence mission.

That's how I've been explained it, anyways.

Laterz. :asian:
I guess this means that Taijutsu training is just a part of Ninjutsu training, let's say Taijutsu is Jujutsu for Ninjas, am I right?

OP
W

wadokai_indo

unterlich said:
hmm in YK about 8-10
dunno in Jakarta and Bekasi, i never ask mr martadi for that
10 people in YK and 10 people in Jakarta, makes it total 20 right? I never been to the Bekasi branch though..

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
I guess this means that Taijutsu training is just a part of Ninjutsu training, let's say Taijutsu is Jujutsu for Ninjas, am I right?

Nope. Taijutsu really just means 'skill with the body'. Its a term found in a good number of Japanese martial arts, new and old, the most popular being aikido. Same goes for jujutsu.

Also, there are many ryuha in the Takamatsu-den that don't have anything to do with "ninja" (i.e., Takagi Yoshin ryu Jutaijutsu and Asayama Ichiden ryu Taijutsu).

I would say that ninpo taijutsu is part of ninjutsu training, and ninjutsu training is part of budo taijutsu. If you want to look at it that way.

That's how I see it anyway. :asian:

OP
W

wadokai_indo

heretic888 said:
Nope. Taijutsu really just means 'skill with the body'. Its a term found in a good number of Japanese martial arts, new and old, the most popular being aikido. Same goes for jujutsu.

Also, there are many ryuha in the Takamatsu-den that don't have anything to do with "ninja" (i.e., Takagi Yoshin ryu Jutaijutsu and Asayama Ichiden ryu Taijutsu).

I would say that ninpo taijutsu is part of ninjutsu training, and ninjutsu training is part of budo taijutsu. If you want to look at it that way.

That's how I see it anyway. :asian:
Err.. in the genbukan, Takagi Yoshin-ryu is called Hontai Yoshin Takagi-ryu and is considered a Jujutsu style, that's why this Ryuha is the backbone of the Kokusai Jujutsu Renmei (KJJR)..

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
Err.. in the genbukan, Takagi Yoshin-ryu is called Hontai Yoshin Takagi-ryu and is considered a Jujutsu style, that's why this Ryuha is the backbone of the Kokusai Jujutsu Renmei (KJJR)..

Takagi Yoshin ryu Jutaijutsu and Hontai Yoshin Takagi ryu Jujutsu are not the same ryuha. They have different soke, and teach different things.

OP
W

wadokai_indo

heretic888 said:
Takagi Yoshin ryu Jutaijutsu and Hontai Yoshin Takagi ryu Jujutsu are not the same ryuha. They have different soke, and teach different things.
Hmmm.. that's not the way I was told. Both Ryuha traced their lineage to Ohkuni Onihei, then down to Takamatsu sensei (they diverged a bit into Ishitani-den and Mizuta-den, but all ended up in Takamatsu sensei). The technique names is also the same in their shoden no kata and chuden no kata (I am yet to see the rest of the catalog).

I admit that some of the movements are not similar, even though they have similar names.

But still, I am 100% positive that both Ryuha are very closely related.

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
I never said they weren't "closely related". I said they were different ryuha.

OP
U

unterlich

yeah, in the past they're the same ryuha, but since takamatsu den broke up, they became different ryu ha

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Nope. Takamatsu sensei had separate teachers of Takagi Yoshin ryu and Hontai Takagi Yoshin ryu. He learned Takagi Yoshin ryu from Mizuta sensei and Hontai Takagi Yoshin ryu from Ishitani sensei.

r erman

Green Belt
Reaction score
There are about five branches of Takagi ryu that I think are still active. I don't think all are traced back to Takamatsu, but rather his teachers(or theirs).

Kizaru

Purple Belt
Reaction score
heretic888 said:
Also, there are many ryuha in the Takamatsu-den that don't have anything to do with "ninja" (i.e., Takagi Yoshin ryu Jutaijutsu and Asayama Ichiden ryu Taijutsu).:asian:
I was under the impression that Hatsumi sensei had learned Asayama Ichiden ryu from someone else other than Takamatsu sensei.

OP
W

wadokai_indo

Kizaru said:
I was under the impression that Hatsumi sensei had learned Asayama Ichiden ryu from someone else other than Takamatsu sensei.
Yes, he learned Asayama Ichiden-ryu from Ueno Takashi sensei, or so I was told.

OP
J

J. Lee

Lots of explanations and maybe's :

Honest approach is to ADVERTISE by word of mouth
and let her skill promote her activities

I notice a shift in topic for this thread !
Another shift is " SEARCH " SELOUS SCOUTS

j lee

OP
W

wadokai_indo

J. Lee said:
Lots of explanations and maybe's :

Honest approach is to ADVERTISE by word of mouth
and let her skill promote her activities

I notice a shift in topic for this thread !
Another shift is " SEARCH " SELOUS SCOUTS

j lee
Ah yes.. from women self-defense, it drifted a little towards the history of takamatsu den ;)

So sorry for the drift. Guys, please go back to the topic.. :)

Latest Discussions