Kukage

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey there, I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Joey. I'm a Bujinkan practitioner in Texas. I'm a full time blacksmith/farrier (horseshoer) and part time horse trainer. I've been studying for quite some time but currently not in "active" study with an instructor. (Nearest dojo is a 90min drive into Houston and I can't afford to drive my truck back and forth right now.)

I did not choose Bujinkan, it chose me. I was invited by a friend to take a class not knowing what it was and ended up taking lessons for almost 6 months before the words Bujinkan or ninjutsu were even mentioned. I thought it was just a joke when someone said we were ninja. It was definitely a surreal moment for me.

In any case my study has never included much in the way of history and I actually have little understanding of the origins/purpose of the original schools. So here I find myself trying to learn a little about... myself really. LOL.

I do have a love for the Bujinkan and will without a doubt always be my "primary discipline" but I've always wanted to learn some Muy Thai and the traditional Japanese mounted archery. (although at the moment the name escapes me)

Anyhow that's me in a nutshell.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Joey :bows:. A nice intro there; if you'd like you can post the same thing in the Meet and Greet Forum, an area set aside particularly for people to say their initial "Hello!"'s.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, Joey. Sounds like you have a very interesting background and occupation! Make yourself at home, this is a nice place.

OP
K

Kukage

White Belt
Reaction score
Thank you. This forum is quite... expansive, and I did not see the meet and greet despite having looked for such a category.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thank you. This forum is quite... expansive, and I did not see the meet and greet despite having looked for such a category.

It's under 'Forum' 'Arts' and then "Meet and Greet." But don't worry, you're fine. Many of us read all the new posts regardless of forum. I can move this thread for you if you like.

OP
K

Kukage

White Belt
Reaction score
That's alright. I've already reposted it. (although I'm sure you've noticed by now)

I use tapatalk so it's easy enough for me to track.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome aboard, Joey. "I'm a full time blacksmith/farrier (horseshoer) and part time horse trainer".

Very unique in my neck of the woods, share sometime when you get a change. ;) Enloy

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Mounted archery (Japanese) is Yabusame, and is found in a few Kyujutsu Ryu-ha, such as Takeda Ryu. Outside of Japan, I wish you all the best in finding it!

Latest Discussions