New Martial Talk Belt ranks - need your input

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I like the use of custom titles, but my problem is that I dodn't know what to change mine to.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I like the use of custom titles, but my problem is that I dodn't know what to change mine to.

Not sure, but you could try this: ;)

"Dolphins Rule! Boys Drool!"

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I thought he meant you should change your custom title to:

"I am a grandmaster pain in the ***" :D

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I thought he meant you should change your custom title to:

"I am a grandmaster pain in the ***" :D

Hmmmm, now that would mean that I actually had some knowledge or skill in that area. :D ;) ** Thinks about the fall out of such a move **

tkd_boi817

White Belt
Reaction score
i want to know what happened with the original belt ranks wher they had like white, yellow, blue, red, black..something like that.

now they have so many belts like white, yellow, orange, purple, brown. blue, red.. im not sure if thats for business making money, or that these recent belt system is true.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
i want to know what happened with the original belt ranks wher they had like white, yellow, blue, red, black..something like that.

now they have so many belts like white, yellow, orange, purple, brown. blue, red.. im not sure if thats for business making money, or that these recent belt system is true.
You might want to start another thread on that topic. This thread is about the belt ranks here on the forum, which are based on post count.

Madmatt

White Belt
Reaction score
Hope this helps
In Karate 1st-5th Sensei
6th-8th Shihan
9th Renshi
10th O-Sensei
Grand Master (seiko-shihan)

Madmatt
Okinawa te

DArnold

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I want to flesh out the higher titles for post counts, and wanted some input.

We're here:
Martial Talk Black Belt (Minimum Posts: 500)
Martial Talk 2nd Black Belt (Minimum Posts: 700)
Martial Talk 3rd Black Belt (Minimum Posts: 900)
Martial Talk Master Black Belt (Minimum Posts: 1000)
Martial Talk Master of Arts (Minimum Posts: 1500)
Martial Talk Senior Master (Minimum Posts: 2000)
Martial Talk Grandmaster (Minimum Posts: 5000)

and, as you can see, 2500-4500 have no titles.

Any ideas?

I've had a few suggestions, and for various reasons, I don't want to use them. So, I need some help.

If we need to rearange the 1500 and 2000 titles, that's good too.

Thanks!
:asian:

What is your goal:
- to make this serious as rank
- for people to have fun on this site...

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's for fun, plus some people like to keep score as it were.

Reaper

White Belt
Reaction score
well everybody on this issue of ranking for how many times you post one has no bearing on your actual rank as an artist and secondly and i mean no disrespect but people with a very high number of posts well your doing a lot more talking and a lot less time on the mat and well the only work out ur getting is your fingers so personally the ranking for your posting numbers probably is not something to be proud of

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
well everybody on this issue of ranking for how many times you post one has no bearing on your actual rank as an artist and secondly and i mean no disrespect but people with a very high number of posts well your doing a lot more talking and a lot less time on the mat and well the only work out ur getting is your fingers so personally the ranking for your posting numbers probably is not something to be proud of

That may well be... but then again, many of us have been posting a long time, and post during times we wouldn't be on the mat anyway; myself, during the week I post in the evenings after I come home from class and am trying to wind down, but still have my head full of TKD. I can post at 9 or 10 at night with no problems... but if I try to work out after 8 pm, I'll have trouble falling asleep.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Reaper, I mean no disrespect either, but let me suggest, in the friendliest way possible, that it might be better to say nothing on topics about which one has absolutely no information—first-, second- or third-hand—e.g., how much time people one doesn't know at all spend working out. That way, it's much easier to avoid making statements that leave one with no credibility among people who know more than one does concerning the matters in question, and everyone wins. Savvy?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Well reaper here we are a family and to even mention what you do not know is just a blanket statement, for me I spend 8 plus hours a day training people and another two working out myself. I have time here to post because I choose to not for rank or recognition but for the family of friends I have personnaly got to know though this site. Over the five years I have meet over 100 fine martial artist that I would have never meet if not for here. I bring current and past member to my school to do seminars and train. Please know the folks here first and then past judgement.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Speaking for myself only, but I've been a member here since 2003. I've been training for 22yrs. I am a part of this forum because I enjoy the arts, I enjoy talking about the arts, and I've also had the chance to interact and even meet some wonderful people who are members of this forum. My Martial Talk post count or belt rank plays no bearing on how many hours I spend training.

As far as my training goes, I work at night, so my training time is limited, however, I do find enough time to train, be it during class or on my own...there is always something to work on. :)

In closing, I think that before you cast judgement on someone, especially someone that you don't know, that you should get to know someone, before assuming how they train or how much time they spend doing it.

Mike

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Some of us have not only been here for, oh 7 years or so, but have logged alot of hours on the board. But, I live in front of a PC, some kill time at work or after hours, etc. Board staff will also have high post counts, it comes with the job. Most of us, find the time to train, spend time with friends and family, work and on occaation, sleep. I can see how on the surface, a high post count can appear to equal "no life", but you have to see it in perspective. Now, someone who hits 20,000 posts in their first 6 months.....that's different. ;)

Latest Discussions