New here, just saying hi

S

Shaddykat

Hi everyone, been lurking here for a few weeks now. Thought I should say hi, so HI everyone!!! I dont post much as I am on the shy side, but I like to read everyone views. There is alot of good info here. I have been training for about 6 years now (kenpo), but due to an injury I had to take some time off. I miss the workout alot, and would like to get back into it but I am afraid Iam going to reinjure it. Any pointers?

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hiya ShaddyKat :)

Welcome to a Great group of people ~!

I, too had a lapse from training (car accident), but my stubborn perseverance kept me going and when the docs told me I would be wheelchair bound.. I said.. "I think not~!" I just did what I could and listened to my body, but not my doctors.. and am better physically and emotionally than ever before.. I teach daily now and Love it~!

Just do what you can.. and never let anyone tell you.. you can't do it..

Best of everything to you~!

~Tess

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello and welcome.
People here are nice usually so don't worry don't be shy post and have fun.
Sorry I don't have any pointers.

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If you can be a tad more specific

What was hurt? How does it affect you?

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome..Many of us have had to come back from injuries..I had 2 broken legs and had to be pinned back together, then there was that bothersome chore of learning how to walk again..Start out slow..Listen to your body, it will tell you when it's time to take a break..

OP
S

Shaddykat

Thanks for the welcome guys.. The problem I have is carpel tunnel and tendonitis of my right arm. ( and I am right handed ) I have lost all strength in that arm. I have gone to some classes and also work alittle at home. I know what I can do to ease the pain durning the workout, but its after the workout pain that I have the problem controling. Thanks again everyone.

Latest Discussions