New Here.... Hi!

OP
TKD_Rocker

TKD_Rocker

White Belt
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
Welcome pam how long have you been training and what are your takes from the two style you are currently taken?
Terry
Hi Terry! I've trained in TKD for 11 years and Kobudo for about 6. When I was younger (from age 6, when I started, till about 10 years old), I was really into the competition aspect of TKD. Then I started training in Kobudo (my dojang offers both), which opened up the "art" part of "martial arts" to me, and I fell in love with the art form of TKD. I still attend tournaments on occasion (in fact, I'm training for one that's coming up in 4 weeks), but I'm more attached to the forms aspect of TKD than the sparring side. My main goal in TKD at the moment is to learn as much as I possibly can and to earn my 4th dan before going off to college in two years.
With Kobudo, I train with the bo, sai, tonfa, ekubo, nunchuku, and I'm just starting to learn nunte bo and kamas. My favorite traditional weapon is bo, and my favorite "fancy" weapon is nunchuku. I love the quote, "The weapon is simply an extension of your arm".
Other than that, I really enjoy self-defense and learning more techniques that would be realistic in a real-life situation.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome and happy posting, pam! Look forward to seeing you around here!

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Heya kid! Have fun. This is possibly the best forum on the net, if you yearn to learn, this is the place.

TKD_Rocker said:
Hi everyone! My name's Pam.... Uhh... yeah! I train in WTF TKD and Okinawan Kempo, but I'm interested in learning about different arts as well. If you want to know anything, just ask!

Latest Discussions