New Hawaii Kung Fu School Owners Wanted

tikene

White Belt
Reaction score
I am looking for either a business partner or entrepreneur wanting to take over a kung fu school. Basically, I am looking to free up time for myself but I still have students that I need to support.

I have contacted one school in the past, but it didn't pan out.

Basically, I started the school with the hopes of spreading the art. Since then, I've had 3 students move into instructor level status. However, the prospect of running a school was not in their immediate future goals.

I have relationships with various martial arts people in Hawaii, but the students joined to learn kung fu so it makes it difficult to have a Kempo/Kenpo martial artist take over eventhough a lot of my foundation began there.

Trust is also a major issue. I need to protect the students from any abuse.

If I find the right candidate, the transition can be slow or fast and the school will be given to the individual along with the appropriate equipment. I will even help smooth the relationship over so that student retention will be as best as possible.

A perspective candidate would train with the school for a month or however long they wish as a guest instructor. To see how finances work and understand how the school presently functions. Once they feel ready, they can begin teaching at any time.

The goal is to free up time so once a full transition has occurred, the hope is that the individual will stand on their own.

It is 5 Animal Style Kung Fu.... easy to learn... but any other kung fu style would be fine as long as it has a good foundation.

Thanks.

OP
T

tikene

White Belt
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I'm just closing down the group classes. For the next 2 months I'm offering free classes to the students so if anyone is interested they can stop by and potentially recruit, but from July on I'm just teaching private lessons.

Thanks.

Latest Discussions