New guy

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey everyone just thought I'd do an Introduction for myself. I have been training in kickboxing for 8 years and have had 3 amateur fights won 2 lost 1. I started simply because I was a fat *** lying around the house playing video games watching awful tv and to be honest I hate all over sports like football, basketball, rugby etc so I thought I'd try kickboxing and the first lesson I did I loved it. It nearly killed me but I loved it and it motivated me to get in shape outside the class e.g going for runs on my run doing push ups and sit ups in my room and shadow boxing combos and stretching to improve my kicks I then moved onto competing which I enjoy. Unfortunately my area is rough so sadly I have had to use it to defend myself and I know sport arts have a stigma that they can't be used for self defence but hey I've been attacked on the street with bottled and knives and I'm still here so I guess it works :) I've also done other self defence classes getting other basic skills and I love learning about other arts even if I don't train them. It's fascinating to see all different perspectives.

Anyway hope to talk and have discussions with you guys soon :)

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I too dislike rugbey and baseball, they wont let you do any wrist locks, arm bars or even one groin shot. Though atleast in football you can tackle people. When that running back jumps the gap and the lineman knocks him right off his feet... like a freight train hitting a sports car

Oya... where are my manners. Hello! :D

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Though atleast in football you can tackle people. When that running back jumps the gap and the lineman knocks him right off his feet... like a freight train hitting a sports car
Football, you mean that sport where they need all that protective gear just because they might possibly get tackled? Still better than the others :D

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I never said that... I was simply talking about tackles. :)
Im pretty sure the referee would give you a penalty for pretty much anything fun like bringing sai on the field or whenever your team makes a touchdown blowing a air horn in the someones face yelling "thats how its done!"

Lameman

Green Belt
Reaction score
Welcome. And hey, fighting is fighting. Different techniques are just different ways of getting the job done.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, Kickboxer.

Latest Discussions