New guy, hello!

Risword

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello! Tom Duffy is the name. Just wanted to say hello, I run a small japanese sword / kempo club in Massachusetts.

ww.risword.com

glad to be here!

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT :)
I see on your bio that you practice kosho ryu kempo. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was the art initially created by mitose, rather than a branch from one of his students, I believe?

Last edited:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk, Risword. Hope you enjoy it. :)

OP
R

Risword

White Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MT :)
I see on your bio that you practice kosho ryu kempo. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was the art initially created by mitose, rather than a branch from one of his students, I believe?

Thanks for the welcome folks!
Yes Kempodisciple you are correct as far as I know, Mitose was the founder. Sei Kosho Shorei Kai International

thanks!

MaMaD

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk, Risword. Hope you enjoy it. :)

(Copy Right :))

OP
R

Risword

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi, wellcome:
what is Kenjutsu?:)
Hello Pink lady6000, Its the art of fighting with the sword once is drawn, It's not practiced as a competitive or "free fighting" ,Its still pretty intense but very safe. it's taught and practiced through Kata/pre-arranged movements. I actually have several girls in our club! They love it. More info here: About Iaido
we are having a seminar in October.
Thanks for the Question!

pinklady6000

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello Pink lady6000, Its the art of fighting with the sword once is drawn, It's not practiced as a competitive or "free fighting" ,Its still pretty intense but very safe. it's taught and practiced through Kata/pre-arranged movements. I actually have several girls in our club! They love it. More info here: About Iaido
we are having a seminar in October.
Thanks for the Question!
It looks like a beautiful aesthetic. The sword itself is a beautiful object regardless of its deadly intent.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Thomas.

I note that, when asked about kenjutsu, you sent a link to a page on Iaido (MJER)… what ryu of kenjutsu have you studied/do you teach?

OP
R

Risword

White Belt
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Thomas.

I note that, when asked about kenjutsu, you sent a link to a page on Iaido (MJER)… what ryu of kenjutsu have you studied/do you teach?
Hello, Mr. Parker, We practice the Kenjutsu kata from Eishin ryu. Thanks for asking and thanks for the welcome!