Need your input : What is 1 thing you are afraid & one thing you love as a Student of martial arts?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Poop in class? lol, I've seen a couple of MMA fighters do that and a couple throwing up. Consequence I imagine of having people 'jump' on your innards. Otherwise there's some serious issues going on in that post.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PS. Ogata made one post in May last year. I don't think she's going to reply now.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
the initial post:
Hello everybody!
Doing research about martial arts. Any past ,present , or future student of any martial arts system can participate.

Thank You
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if i read that correctly, my response is valid and also "MY" opinion on "MY" history in "MY" experience of the MAs to Ogatas post.

There was no question of whether or not you could respond (one might question as to why, considering the OP hasn't been back in a year… but that's another question), it was why you were questioning their motivations in asking something they didn't ask (what you hate about martial arts).

With all due respect sir, and i do value and respect your opinion if i ask for it, you do not know me and more importantly you do not know my history,

Bluntly, I can see more than enough of your history in that little post.

the fact that other instructor in that particular system know more than i, is moot since that is not what i stated.

Again, you're arguing against something not said… for one thing, I never said anything about any "other instructors"… nor did you. Your comment was that you "know more (about the system you're training in) than your instructor"… which I can practically guarantee is your own false belief.

your assumptions in your post are just that and makes no difference to me either way.

Believe it or not, there was very little assumption in my post… what there was was a reading of a very odd post, one that shows a great number of worrying trends, that is very easy to analyse. It is a snapshot, sure… but a rather telling one. Now, if you decide to still think that it's all everyone else's fault, and not anything to do with you, honestly, that's your issue.

If Ogata does not know what i meant in my post he is certainly welcome to ask me, and not to start a flame war here but if you have anything to ask me, why not ask privately and not publicly air your opinion of me when you have no idea who i am or what i have been through. i read into some thing Ogata said, replied to Ogata, and if Ogata wishes to question me then he is more than welcome to.
again if you wish to know more, i will be more that happy to explain to you as well.

It's a public forum, and you posted your rantings publicly. As far as not knowing what you've been through, again, you might be surprised at how much you said…

ShawnP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
im sorry Mr Parker that you must continue to question the validity of people you do not know, as i have seen in your posts on these forums. if its a fight your looking for you will not find it here with me. if you wish to PM me thats fine but i will not get in a flame war with you or anyone else that i do not know or that does not know me, its your right to express your opinion as it is anyone else and i will from now on take your comments with a grain of salt as they say which i also my right.
again if you wish to know more you can always PM me.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Son, I'm not starting a fight with you. I'm pointing out the issues with the list you gave, as well as pointing out that you were inventing your own questions, then getting upset by them.

ShawnP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Son, I'm not starting a fight with you. I'm pointing out the issues with the list you gave, as well as pointing out that you were inventing your own questions, then getting upset by them.
Please do not call me son.

ShawnP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Poop in class? lol, I've seen a couple of MMA fighters do that and a couple throwing up. Consequence I imagine of having people 'jump' on your innards. Otherwise there's some serious issues going on in that post.
yes with age and disease my body does not function properly and as unfortunate as it may be, it happens and it is what it is. this is one of the reasons i decided to stop training.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
well, i personally cant say im afraid of anything in the Martial Arts, with the exception of pooping myself during a class. yes this is a serious answer, i have a medical condition.
the "What i hate about the Martial Arts" is a long and unfortunate list.

1.) The Politics of the History of the Martial Arts.
2.) The Red Tape involved when you get caught in the middle of it.
3.) When your Instructor has some thing against you or does not want to teach you.
4.) When your accused of trying to intentionally hurt your fellow students.
5.) When your told you're no longer welcome and your fellow student agree.
6.) When you know more (about the system your training in) than your Instructor does.
7.) When your highest ranking student stabs you in the back and thinks your trying to get some thing from him.
8.) well im sick of typing this crap out and the memories are putting me in a bad mood.

I'm not sure why you would want to know this kind of information and i hope its not for you to justify in your mind something that has happened to you that you feel you were wronged. if that makes sense.
Shawn,
The original questions are in the thread title.
"Need your input : What is 1 thing you are afraid & one thing you love as a Student of martial arts?"
To help you out a bit; there are (2) specific questions asked.
1. What is 1 thing you are afraid of as a student of the martial arts?

2. What is one thing you love as a student of the martial arts?
I believe no one else saw or read anything about what are the things you 'hate' about the Martial Arts.

marques

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
What is 1 thing you are afraid & one thing you love as a Student of martial arts?
Afraid of bad partners and instructors (that give no opportunity to learn, but for mistakes and injuries).
I love great partners and instructors (that train and teach instead of ego fight).

ShawnP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Shawn,
The original questions are in the thread title.
"Need your input : What is 1 thing you are afraid & one thing you love as a Student of martial arts?"
To help you out a bit; there are (2) specific questions asked.
1. What is 1 thing you are afraid of as a student of the martial arts?

2. What is one thing you love as a student of the martial arts?
I believe no one else saw or read anything about what are the things you 'hate' about the Martial Arts.

well thank you for "helping me out" and pointing that out Danny T, it is quite obvious its in the Title, that is why i clicked on the link in the first place.
for your information as stated in my other post,
"i read into some thing Ogata said, replied to Ogata, and if Ogata wishes to question me then he is more than welcome to."
i figured this would clarify to anyone reading it but i guess not.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While it can make an interesting discussion perhaps we should be wary of furnishing the 'meat' that students want for their research, perhaps we should be encouraging them to do actual research instead of making a post here then waltzing off with the answers, as I said before a thank you for the posts would have been nice.
I suspect the 'research' was for a grading, the OP would have writing up the answers with a bit of fancy writing and hey presto a lazy way to write an essay.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
well thank you for "helping me out" and pointing that out Danny T, it is quite obvious its in the Title, that is why i clicked on the link in the first place.
for your information as stated in my other post,
"i read into some thing Ogata said..."
Exactly. And it was something that wasn't there.
My friend you even quote the OP as "What i hate about the Martial Arts". Where is that question put forth?

ShawnP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Exactly. And it was something that wasn't there.
My friend you even quote the OP as "What i hate about the Martial Arts". Where is that question put forth?
sorry this is dragging out like this, i didnt mean to convey to anyone that the OPs post asked this, i still dont see where i said that but none the less i guess i was misunderstood, misspoke, or what have you. since Tez3 is correct in saying "Ogata made one post in May last year. I don't think she's going to reply now." so maybe its time to lay this to rest since its of no importance to anyone.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Rapid dehydration and rehydration from trying to make weight are not good for your innards.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

nijima2000

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi!
My biggest fear of martial arts is losing control of myself, I am afraid of getting in a fight where I'm in the right, but taking it too far to the point where I'm the villain. What I love about martial arts is the freedom you attain by their practice, it can make you feel indomitable and confident in your abilities.

Latest Discussions