Need help here

R

RCastillo

Can anyone point me to a site where I can purchase a dummy apparatus that I can strap onto a bag?

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Do you mean a set of dummy arms that attaches to a hanging punching bag? I wouldn't recommend such a thing.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sharp Phil
Do you mean a set of dummy arms that attaches to a hanging punching bag? I wouldn't recommend such a thing.

Yea...and I don't even do wing chun, but I have played and made dummys before.

I suggest just making one rather then strapping arms to a heavy bag.

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The problem is that the mook jong, to be used correctly for Wing Chun training, must be of specific dimensions with arms at specific angles. Any sort of homemade contrivance or addition to a hanging bag might ingrain bad habits.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not to mention not being very stable and lasting very long.

You can get blueprints to make one yourself if you are wanting to save some money, its a good way to go, but I wouldn't recomend the bag apperatus either.

7sm

spatulahunter

Green Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by someguy
You wouldn't hapeen to know where i could get a good blue print for one or anything?

my brother and friend both built them, when he gets home i will see if i can get the blue prints that they used.
They made the arms and the legs outta wood but they actually used those large seafoam green tubes for the body (the kind you always see at construction sites and on the side of the road) which can be purchased at hime depot for rather cheap. It makes a good strong body and doesnt cost a whole lot.

Latest Discussions