Need help finding a school that teach japanese jujutsu or combo of japanese jujutsu and aikido.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
YMMV.

School have some throws,take downs,wrist locks and feel for different styles Judo and Aikido.

Than if I really like Aikido I can go to Aikido school or Judo school if I like that better.

Any good jujutsu school have some striking and ground work.
image.jpg

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Chris's last post today pretty much answers it all.

Chris likes to argue and I think the way he was replying to my posts in a colorful way was making a communication problem. This thread was all over the place and talking about many things that reading comprehension and quoted who said what was problem.

Chris and I have had our run ins but I respect what he has to say and if nothing else he has no communications issues and is always quite clear and concise. After going through this thread all I have to say is that any comprehension issues which lead to any thing you may have perceived as arguing fall fully on you and this is not the only thread you have done this in, it seems to be your MO, which brings me to the conclusion that elder999 might just be right...and he usually is

Pretty sure this guy's some kind of troll: from the misspelling of Chris's name right down to the apparent lack of command of the English language, to the downright obtuseness in this and other threads, I have to conclude that he's playing some sort of game.

No human being could possibly be so stupid.

OP
moonhill99

moonhill99

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Chris and I have had our run ins but I respect what he has to say and if nothing else he has no communications issues and is always quite clear and concise. After going through this thread all I have to say is that any comprehension issues which lead to any thing you may have perceived as arguing fall fully on you and this is not the only thread you have done this in, it seems to be your MO, which brings me to the conclusion that elder999 might just be right...and he usually is

This is the last post to this thread on it as the thread has runs its course so I'm not going to bring up the issue again on what is Japanese jiu jitsu vs western jiu jitsu.

When I started this thread I had no idea what the difference is of Japanese jiu jitsu vs western jiu jitsu. Than I had stuck in my head ideas of what Japanese jiu jitsu or how martial arts instructor in US can teach Japanese jiu jitsu that where false ideas I had.

It was communication problem between me and Chris to well Chris last post clears it up.

SimSportPlyr

White Belt
Reaction score
Moonhill99, if you are familiar with AJJF schools/style, do you consider that to be traditional Japanese or Western eclectic?

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Back to your original question, you might want to try to PM or email Kong Soo Do, a member of MT. He is in the Florida area, but I don't recall if he is in the Miami area. Nonetheless, he should be familiar with the MA scene in Florida. He is belted in Kong Soo Do and Hapkido.

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Moonhill99, if you are familiar with AJJF schools/style, do you consider that to be traditional Japanese or Western eclectic?

Isn't that a Danzan Ryu organization?

If so, then it's western eclectic, not traditional JJJ.

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, AJJF is Danzan Ryu.

May I ask for a terse (1-2 sentence) description of the difference between Danzan Ryu and trad Japanese, please?

Danzen Ryu isn't even Japanese. It was founded in Hawaii, and the founder, a Japanese immigrant, combined traditional JJ, Judo, Karate, Kung Fu, and wrestling to create the art.

Latest Discussions