Need Advice For Muay Thai Training

MuayThai1690

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello Guys so on Wednesday I joined a Muay Thai gym now I am an unfit MF first bit of proper exercise in a long time I think this effort was piss poor in my eyes but I tried my best was sick in the progress and couldn’t finish everything I am a long time smoker/weed smoker pritty much drink drugs all that bad stuff and my fitness has went to **** but I am determinant to learn Muay Thai to concentrate on something positive and try get my fitness up to scratch there is another class tomorrow and I am wondering if I should get my fitness up before going again do you think this would be a good idea or just stick at it I know the fist time is the probably the hardest I am sore enough so I know the **** worked and I loved it just don’t want to be the person that has to stop all the time because of fitness any advice on this would be great even conditioning advice for outside the gym to help me on my way

Here is what I done and when I had to stop there was only 3 of us there because I picked the earliest class because I worried about fitness was also good because it was 1 on 1 training

Warmed up/Stretched for 10-15min
Hit the pads for another 30-40min Swapping round doing basic punches/kicks

Class was only meant to last for 1 hour but he asked did I want to do some cardio it consisted of

Flipping large tire down a big enough road with a slight hill jumping in the wheel then out and running round it each flip

Then running down that road doing 10 body squats at the end running back up 10 kicks on pads each leg
Run back down 9 squats run back 9 kicks and so on until you got to 1 now I only go myself to 6 kicks and I was beat been sick and couldn’t continue because of heaving and finding it hard to breath

I just need to know if I am not cut out for this because these people where machines compared to me but I know everyone starts at the bottom but I am 26 and feel about 50 when training with these older men

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The way you get in shape to do the training is to do the training. Expect it to suck for a while. Eventually it will suck less.

Do make an effort to get enough sleep and good nutrition. That will help your body adapt to the new demands you are putting on it.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
You go to the gym to train and get in shape through the training. You don't get in shape to go to the gym.
What I tell all adults when they begin:
1) Take your time and do not try to keep up with everyone else.
2) You are an adult, be an adult and take it easy. If you need a break take a break.
3) You have to go to work and if you over do it in the beginning you will suffer physically and mentally.
4) Stick with it and your body will adapt.
5) Make sure to get good rest (sleep) for that is when your body recovers and eat well.
6) Have Fun, If you over do it you will not be having fun. So make it fun for yourself. Hard will come all by it's self.

Latest Discussions