Near death experience

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heights. Yeah, there's all kinds of heights. To me, all of them bad.

Yeah, that one scares the hell outta me. I could walk that (okay, there are day's I'd crawl that one section), but never on a bike. Never even walking a bike.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was probably even more scared than I looked, to be honest.

I got my chin tucked and rolled out. No face plant. :)

Somehow I missed this. Good on you Dirty Dog! It's no secret I was in the US Army Airborne. I am still afraid of heights but not so much from jumping. Go figure. I don't know if I would ever have taken up sky diving. I thought about it, but never did.

Roll out my flat foot! That was terrible PLF. :) ;)

Hope you get a chance to show us more.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is what the class before the jump looked like:

Sadly, I cannot find the clip of the actual jump or the result. Everyone was fine, but since the wife of Truman Sparks (the pilot and skydiving instructor) had packed the dirty laundry in a spare chute sack that the skydiver was wearing, it was 'another wash day shot to hell'. Thank goodness for the reserve chute.

I can't imagine. But then I have heard of some other rather dumb things happening. Who won the fight? ;-)

And yes, thanks for reserve chutes. I once had to deploy mine on Okinawa. No telling what would have happened without it. I had a tight squid that was scarily close to a streamer. I was dropping fast until I got the reserve out.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Heights. Yeah, there's all kinds of heights. To me, all of them bad.

Wow! Just wow.

Was that some kind of competition or had the bird of paradise just flown up his nose and screwed up his judgement?

Latest Discussions