Nashville Kali

kalikg

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello to all,
I'm new to this site and thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Keith and I live in Tennessee. I found the Filipino martial arts through a friend of mine many years ago; we were both Goju Shorei students at the time but he had branched off into JKD...and indirectly into FMA. Shortly after that I moved out of state and stumbled into a kali studio (no, I didn't drunkenly stumble into it...I "stumbled" into it accidently). I thought, "Wow, a real Kali studio. This must be fate!"
I signed up without hesitation and have been involved in Kali ever since (about six years). I haven't looked back and have enjoyed every minute of it; well, except for when I screw up and my Guro gives me a talkin' to (that's southernese for a verbal spanking)!
Anyway, here's to yakin' at ya...
KG

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to MartialTalk. Always good to hear from someone who has found an art that fits them as kali seems to fit you.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! It's really good when people have found 'their' martial art, it's a bit like finding your perfect partner ( maybe even more important lol)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT...Make yourself at home...