My thoughts on FTF (Functional TKD Federation)

D

Deleted member 39746

Kelly. (I've never seen Mace style bash).

I think Mace has bashed some modern sport fighting, i havent watched any of his vids recently though so i dont know.

edit: Master Wong does pretty good combative Wing Chun videos, i cant comment on it as i dont know wing chun but the logic seems to be there. The funny thing about that is Kelly convinced me Wing chun didnt work well as a martial art, yet i like to occasionally watch master wong videos. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Mace has bashed some modern sport fighting, i havent watched any of his vids recently though so i dont know.

edit: Master Wong does pretty good combative Wing Chun videos, i cant comment on it as i dont know wing chun but the logic seems to be there. The funny thing about that is Kelly convinced me Wing chun didnt work well as a martial art, yet i like to occasionally watch master wong videos. :p
I can't judge the quality of his WC, but I really find Master Wong entertaining.

Mattattack

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Who was it that had the very vast majority of their output dedicated to bashing styles they knew pretty much nothing about?

Kelly. (I've never seen Mace style bash).

Maybe Kelly does deserve a bit of a break for apologising and basically going against everything he previously so vehemently stood for, or maybe he's just hiding it because he's realised where the money comes from for his school...

You make a good point. I've not seen all of Mace's videos by a long shot, but at least I've never seen him bash. He seems to try to keep it positive, which is probably why he has people who genuinely follow him.

I'd like to think that Kelly is maturing and realizing where all that false bravado leads. Maybe that's optimism, maybe that's today's anxiety medicine kicking in, or maybe it's just that I've run out of ire...for the moment.

Mattattack

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I can't judge the quality of his WC, but I really find Master Wong entertaining.

Wong is a character straight out of a movie. I've listened to WT people quibble with his stuff, and I see their points, but damn if he isn't fun/funny to watch. I wish I could project that kind of "this is the bad crazy with more than enough to go around" energy.

Last edited: