My style introduction...

OP
W

white dragon

Oooh Kali and Hapkido! I've never done either, but wanted too! I think being a TKD guy at heart I'd have to give the Hapkido a shot. Is it a unviersity run class, if so would there be any problems with me coming down? I've got an NUS card.

I don't see why I couldn't make it over Easter! I assume training in dobok trousers and a t-shirt would be fine? you guys train bear foot?

wow I'm arranging to meet up with a strange man over the internet, and I already know he knows how to fight, is this wise? ;)

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by white dragon
Oooh Kali and Hapkido! I've never done either, but wanted too! I think being a TKD guy at heart I'd have to give the Hapkido a shot. Is it a unviersity run class, if so would there be any problems with me coming down? I've got an NUS card.

I don't see why I couldn't make it over Easter! I assume training in dobok trousers and a t-shirt would be fine? you guys train bear foot?

wow I'm arranging to meet up with a strange man over the internet, and I already know he knows how to fight, is this wise? ;)

Lol......Okay, well see when you get there if you come. I'm not sure if its University run or not, cuz my Dad and Godfather are the teachers. Training in that is fine.....and I dont think theres any problems with you come down. I dont go to that University anyways. And yeah its probably best to train bear foot.

As for the man comment, I'm only 16, and as for knowing how to fight........well you can tell me :asian:

OP
W

white dragon

Well I'm only a young 21, so don't let them go to town on me too much! And PLEASE dn't be under the impression that I could hold my own in a fight! :D

OP
M

Master of Blades

Well I'm only a young 21, so don't let them go to town on me too much! And PLEASE dn't be under the impression that I could hold my own in a fight! :D

LOL.......Well I look forward to it. But if your looking for sparring as well then dont get too excited.....we only occasionally have enough time at the end of the class to do a few rounds of sparring with a padded stick. And even then those few rounds are dedicated to me and the other two senior students. But you never know :asian:

OP
W

white dragon

Not that I'm looking for a fight! But sparring would be fun, simply because I think it's always benficial to "play" with someone new, and as you're coming from a different style it would be interstin to see how the two go together, or against each other as it might be.

Again, just for the record, I have no ideas in my head that I'm side kinda fighting master and would fully expect an **** whopping.

OP
M

Master of Blades

Not that I'm looking for a fight! But sparring would be fun, simply because I think it's always benficial to "play" with someone new, and as you're coming from a different style it would be interstin to see how the two go together, or against each other as it might be.

Again, just for the record, I have no ideas in my head that I'm side kinda fighting master and would fully expect an **** whopping.

Alright cool........Well then if you have any other questions then best to PM. But I hope to see you over Easter :asian:

OP
K

Kroy

Sign me up for the Kit Cat Do home study series.:karate:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kroy
Sign me up for the Kit Cat Do home study series.:karate:

No Problem, I can give some privates, you can train with my Cat she is a Master :)

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Hi,

Laevolus,

I just had a look at your website and noticed this statement:

"Registered and licensed with Professor Tony Smith of the Nippon Dai Budo Kai Federation we can offer a fully structured grading system from beginner to Dan grade."

I was just wondering where the Nippon Dai Budo Kai Federation is based and what connection it has to Japan or any Japanese Federation.

OP
K

Kroy

Feline seeks its path, Kroy does Kit Cat Stance, Kitty whips tail. I smell a movie script coming (or is that just cat poop)

OP
L

Laevolus

Originally posted by RyuShiKan
Hi,

Laevolus,

I was just wondering where the Nippon Dai Budo Kai Federation is based and what connection it has to Japan or any Japanese Federation.

To be honest, I'm not certain. There is a link to their ite on our club site but the site is here if you want to have a look.

http://www.nippondaibudokai.com/

It's seems like a decent enough body, despite having a porrly designed site, perhaps you'll be able to judge it better then me?

I hope it's a decent group though, worrying if it's not! :confused:

OP
R

RyuShiKan

It’s kind of odd they don’t mention any connection to Japan, only England, Spain and Gibraltar and yet they call themselves
“Nippon Dai Budo Kai & Nippon Dai Ju Jitsu”………the Japanese name is grammatically incorrect as well.

That makes about as much sense as me calling my club “The British Great Martial Arts Society” when I have no connection to Britian.

Anybody else getting that “Red Flag” feeling?

And there’s more………they are soliciting members to be there representatives but are asking them to be 4th dan and up.

That’s weird as well.

OP
L

Laevolus

Originally posted by RyuShiKan
Anybody else getting that “Red Flag” feeling?

Erm, you'll have to explain that one, I'm afraid.

Bear in mind that I'm relatively new to all this stuff :D