OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by Laevolus
heh, you'll get no arguments from me :D

Awww.......was getting ready to see how good this Black Cat Do really is! :mad:

:rofl:

All jokes aside.......Is your main stance the Cat Stance by any chance? :rofl:

And I was thinking about starting my own style called Kit Cat Do......does that sound daft to anyone? :rolleyes:

OP
L

Laevolus

Originally posted by Master of Blades
And I was thinking about starting my own style called Kit Cat Do......does that sound daft to anyone?

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Heh, is that were thin chocolaty biscuits are used as dangerous weapons, but only during a break in the fight? :D :D :D

Apologies to any non-english readers, this may make no sense to you at all!

Aegis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
With regards to the site, perhaps a few pictures of grappling techniques might be in order. All of the pics I saw were of flashy techniques, which might look good but generally aren't street smart.

OP
M

Master of Blades

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Heh, is that were thin chocolaty biscuits are used as dangerous weapons, but only during a break in the fight? :D :D :D

Apologies to any non-english readers, this may make no sense to you at all!

Bah.....Close enough.......But the fight is the break! I'm lazy ya see. And with the techiniques "Dipping in Tea" and "Sucking tea through Kit Cat" under your belt you will never need to do MA again :D

And you still havnt answered my question! Is Cat Stance the Primary stance in Black Cat Do :asian:

OP
W

white dragon

Cats and dogs are natural enemies and so I'm proud to announce next month on pay-per-view Black Cat Do Dojo vs. The Dog Brothers! :D

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by white dragon
Cats and dogs are natural enemies and so I'm proud to announce next month on pay-per-view Black Cat Do Dojo vs. The Dog Brothers! :D

Black Cat Do Dojo sounds even more stupid lol! :rofl:

OP
L

Laevolus

Originally posted by Aegis
With regards to the site, perhaps a few pictures of grappling techniques might be in order. All of the pics I saw were of flashy techniques, which might look good but generally aren't street smart.

Indeed,I couldn't agree more.

The friend who took the photos for me is a photography student who wanted to do more artistic and dramatic shots for her university portfolio, hence the types of shots we have on the site.

However, she also wants to do more realistic shots as well, so she's going to be coming back to do more for us, and we are also planning on getting some short bits of video footage to put on the site later on, when we have the equipment we need for video capture.

Saying that, we did make a concious (sp?) decision not to show shots that were too dramatic, as we didn't want to put people off. I've seen the higher belts in our style when they are really going for it, if I put up any photos or shots ofthat on the site, it may scarepeopleoff....hell, it scares the crap out of me when I watch them.

Rest assured though, there will be some better images to come though. Thanks for the comments as well :)

OP
W

white dragon

Don't suppose you guys have any Korean influences do you? that way you could wear Black Cat Do Dojang Dobok's :D

OP
L

Laevolus

Originally posted by Master of Blades
And you still havnt answered my question! Is Cat Stance the Primary stance in Black Cat Do :asian:

Indeed, yes it is one of the main stances we use, there are several we work through as part of the training, including Bear, Horse, Crane, Dragon, Monkey and others as well.

For the actual realistic part though, we tend to use a more natural, legs slightly apart, hand out in front in a fence kind of stance and use the traditional stances as necessary

And yes, Black Cat Do Dojo sounds even sillier! :D

So, who are the Dog Brothers? :confused:

OP
W

white dragon

What's a bear stance like? Do you guys have a sylabus by any chance that you could put up? I really like the sound of the style, would be nice to see more of what you guys get up to!

As for the dog brothers:

www.dogbrothers.com

the slogon on the front page should tell you all you need to know :)

OP
M

Master of Blades

Indeed, yes it is one of the main stances we use, there are several we work through as part of the training, including Bear, Horse, Crane, Dragon, Monkey and others as well.

For the actual realistic part though, we tend to use a more natural, legs slightly apart, hand out in front in a fence kind of stance and use the traditional stances as necessary

And yes, Black Cat Do Dojo sounds even sillier! :D

So, who are the Dog Brothers? :confused:

Oh god.......room for even more jokes :rofl:

Black Cat Do's Monkey Stance.......HA :rofl:

OP
L

Laevolus

OUCH!! they look....nasty! :D

We were thinking about putting the syllabus up on the site, but it's very much an evolving style and changes a bit fairly regularly.

We also didn't want to have the site too bogged down with technical stuff, again, we didn't want to put of any prospective members. Saying that, it may be worth putting a basic version of it up in case we get anyone looking for a new style to train in.

I'll have a chat with the guys tomorrow night. Thanks for the input.
:asian:

OP
W

white dragon

Damn it man! Shame you guys are all the way in Hull or I'd love to drop by and do some training! :)

OP
M

Master of Blades

Damn it man! Shame you guys are all the way in Hull or I'd love to drop by and do some training! :)

Ok Where is Hull.......and WhiteDragon where you at in England?

OP
W

white dragon

MOB you live in england but don't know Hull? You must not understand the punchline to many many jokes then! *snerk*

I'm at university up in Teesside (near Newcastle), but I live about 20 minutes outside the center of London in Stevenage normally, and will be heading back there this time next week for easter. hazzah!

where abouts in London are you from?

*sings to himself* getting to know you, getting to know everything about yooooou....

OP
M

Master of Blades

MOB you live in england but don't know Hull? You must not understand the punchline to many many jokes then! *snerk*

I'm at university up in Teesside (near Newcastle), but I live about 20 minutes outside the center of London in Stevenage normally, and will be heading back there this time next week for easter. hazzah!

where abouts in London are you from?

*sings to himself* getting to know you, getting to know everything about yooooou....

I'm from North West London Myself........Kilburn/Cricklewood/Willsedon/West Hampstead.

How easy would it be to get from Stevenage to Westminister on say a Tuesday lol? :asian:

OP
W

white dragon

I'd say it would be as easy as a hop skip and a jump on the merry ol' underground. Be there a weblink for you school?

*raises an eye brow* we are talking about training here right? Only some guy from east london told me what you guys from west london get up to :D

OP
M

Master of Blades

I'd say it would be as easy as a hop skip and a jump on the merry ol' underground. Be there a weblink for you school?

*raises an eye brow* we are talking about training here right? Only some guy from east london told me what you guys from west london get up to :D

LOL of course........My class is on Tuesday at the City of Westminister University. Its a Kali/ Hapkido Class (Theres a differant teacher for each class) so you can decide which to do. Or if you dont like that theres a Kenpo Class next door or some other stuff around. Reckon you would be able to make it over Easter :asian:

Latest Discussions