My Rantings On Sci Fi Space Combat

• Thread starter Deleted member 39746
  • Start date

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There is normally something in it which falls under it. Similar rules apply for fantasy and sci fi though. Although like i said true sci fi would have as much as can be explained explained and follow its rules stringently. (still the FTL drive is normally the magic element to it)

Space Elf magic, thats how you explain that. I kind of dont understand why they dont just issue them out on perma stun then or locked to stun, in star tek some factions have weapons that can only kill.

Might still need to cut through a wall or heat a rock.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just so I'm keeping up here. Do you guys think star wars is fantasy or science fiction? Star Trek?

You could argue star wars with its wizards and magic swords as fantasy.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. And then the bombs that drop in outer space, the force, midichlorians and such don't wreck the story.

Actually star trek has interventionist gods. Which is a classic fantasy trope as well.

Anarax

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Actually star trek has interventionist gods. Which is a classic fantasy trope as well.
There is a convincing theory that the Q Continuum's power is technology-based opposed to divinely-based. Regardless, there are other beings in the Star Trek universe that have cosmic/fantasy like powers.

OP
D

Deleted member 39746

Id consider them both science fantasy at this rate. Star trek just gets fame because it sort of normalised the genre. Doesnt mean its any good, i cant really re watch it. (and i didnt even watch the orginal, i cant really rewatch any of them) Although its series based i always just shoved this as a mixture of orginal and next generation. Not DS9 Voyger, enterprise etc.

I cant really watch star wars, at least the first 6 films are tolerable though, the ad infantium incompotence of enemies i cant enjoy anymore. (and lets be fair you just watch hong kog films to see people fly about punching and kicking each other with various levels of gore)

OP
D

Deleted member 39746

Might still need to cut through a wall or heat a rock.

You can do that on stun, presumably it still heats it up. it will jus take longer pending on what type of stone it is. (and if you are heating it up it doesnt matter so much)

Latest Discussions