my new office

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Have any stuff you could e-mail to me?

Absolutely, I'd be happy to do that. We all get the "who pays" issue (that's the reality of public sector customers). For my field guys, grants (and their deadlines) determine when they get to go home to their family vs. when they have to spend 2-4 weeks lodged in a regional hotel doing nothing but installs and turnups.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys using plain talk or still using 10-codes? We just switched this week away from 10-codes I'm having so much fun with "yep" or "I got this". On the radio

We've been plain talk for several years. Us "salty dawgs" can confuse the hell out of newer officers and dispatchers with the 10-codes and our old signals.

It even more fun when someone else's radios end up on our channels and they don't know and start talking like they are on their own channels.

Yeah... When it's just routine, that's amusing. We've had it happen a couple times under some stressful situations. Thing that pisses me off there is when the dispatch on that channel doesn't say anything. C'mon... tell that unit they're on the wrong channel, and let them get it fixed, y'know?

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nice photos of your town (and ride). Haven't been there in a while. When we still had our camper we would often go there and stay a weekend at the Navy campground. Sometimes just on the support area. A really nice place to visit, and quite photogenic. If your willing, the next time we visit, I might take you up on identifying non-tourist places to eat or shop fresh seafood.

Latest Discussions