My Intuition is slipping

Stealthy

Blue Belt
Reaction score
My Intuition has changed slightly. I can still to a certain extent read feelings and intentions and recognise when I am focused on but a subtle aspect has changed, the sort of gentle view behind thing.

Previously I had a very subtle unconscious view behind which was not so much a visual thing like a mini rear view camera but rather just an understanding of what was behind me at all times. It seems to have slipped a little so now my own mental hum drum just sort of steals the show and I am oblivious to what is behind me.

I can concentrate and clear up a picture but concentrating causes my imagination to kick up images which distort things.

Is this a natural phase to go through?

Should I be taking over this function from my unconscious mind and concentrating to bring up a picture then work through all the garbage the imagination kicks up?

Should I meditate before I step outside and try to calm my mind so it is less obtrusive and try and let situational awareness come back that way?

Should I do both?

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heavy question. When learning how to drive a car, my dad always said that half of my driving should be out of my rear view mirror. He planted a seed in my head that makes me aware of on coming, as well as up coming traffic. When I give this analogy to people, it seems new to them. As most, while driving, as well as just moving through life are only concerned with what is in front of them. As lost as I would be without that rear view mirror, I would be just as lost if I never looked around behind myself. I never had that ability to perceive, without the visual of actually looking.

OP
S

Stealthy

Blue Belt
Reaction score
The rear view mirror is a great analogy. Generally how I use a rear view mirror is build a picture of everything I remember and then glance back with the rear view mirror to see if anything is out of place. When on foot I tend to use sounds more than anything to tell if anything is out of place but right now the picture is just not there. In this light perhaps it is a memory related problem but it seems like more than that. oops, umm, hang what were we talking about?{insert smiley face here}

gregtca

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Good post subject, well i will try and answer your post , in this public areana , i,ll start by - IMHO, firstly yes it does change over time due to many factors, ie: stress , ego , secondly you need to be calm / centred / this will stop your imagination /ego inputting false / non relivent information into the picture. Meditation can be very benefical for this. Some times you need to just let go and not worry / think about the process , just listen quietly . Some could say that "if you think its there - it isnt and went you think its not there - it is" , but thats all a bit mystical / zen like , so relax it will happen when its needed , have trust in yourself and your intuition, hope this helps ,

Greg

Latest Discussions