My home Town St Michaels MD

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
In the spirit of the My new office thread. I thought it might be cool with the vast range of people on this forum to post some pictures from your home towns. It would be neat to see. Ill start with mine. Took a walk with the Boys today around town while my wife had a girls day with my daughters. So welcome to my home town:

OP
B

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I invite you all to come visit my town we have a seat for you

OP
B

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Little St Michaels factoid it is known as the "town the fooled the British." During the Revolutionary War the British were planning on Shelling the town during the night. So the towns people darkened the town and took lanterns away from town and set them up in a field to look like it was the town. The Brits bombed the lanterns during the night and then moved on thinking they destroyed the town. Only to later find out they bombed a field.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very fortunate, it looks like a great place to live, work and visit............. :)

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great to see some of the 'real' America - by which I mean where the non-fictional, non-TV, non-Hollywood people live.

I have often said I would love to see those parts of the USA, to get a taste of what it is really like rather than what the entertainment/news media tell me it is like; especially as those tend to focus on the big cities rather than the more human-scale places.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
By the way, my friend, do you want us to post pictures of our towns here in this thread or should we start individual threads?

OP
B

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
By the way, my friend, do you want us to post pictures of our towns here in this thread or should we start individual threads?

Start your own might be easier to keep track of. But either would work I just think it would be neat to see where everyone is from