My friend was killed by a criminal Friday

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Man charged with murder in hit-and-run that killed one, hurt two in Roseville

Paul was also known as "Kegger" to his friends. A gentle giant who was into vintage stereo gear, he designed and built vacuum tube amplifiers that boggled the mind, they were so good. He was admired by many amp designers and his work was highly respected worldwide. He gave freely of his time, he always offered help to anyone who asked.

He was killed Friday by a pair of men who were fleeing from having stolen a backpack and a leaf blower. They crashed into his car, killing him and putting his aged parents into critical condition. They fled the accident, one has been caught so far.

I realize this has nothing to do with martial arts. But I'm gutted and needed to share.

Life is short. Sometimes shorter than we know. Paul was 51 when he was killed. Too young for such a good person. Love your friends and family, hold them close.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss, hope they catch the other scum who did it and lock them up for a very very long time.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm sorry for your loss, Bill.

This kind of hits home for me too. "Kegger" was a regular at ecoustics forum several years back, and I was a part of that community. He was very knowledgeable and just a fantastic guy.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Paul was also known as "Kegger" to his friends. A gentle giant who was into vintage stereo gear, he designed and built vacuum tube amplifiers that boggled the mind, they were so good. He was admired by many amp designers and his work was highly respected worldwide. He gave freely of his time, he always offered help to anyone who asked.

He was killed Friday by a pair of men who were fleeing from having stolen a backpack and a leaf blower. They crashed into his car, killing him and putting his aged parents into critical condition. They fled the accident, one has been caught so far.

I realize this has nothing to do with martial arts. But I'm gutted and needed to share.

Life is short. Sometimes shorter than we know. Paul was 51 when he was killed. Too young for such a good person. Love your friends and family, hold them close.
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, Bill. Words aren't much at times like this, but they're all I have to offer. You will be in my thoughts.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

I wish there was something that could be said to lessen the pain during times like this when heartache comes out of the blue. Hang in there and share as much as needed to help you get through this difficult time. I know it's going to be hard especially since the bad guys are still living. None of that is fair.

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The world is a dangerous place.... I totally agree witht he sentiment that we need to appreciate those we love and hold dear on a daily basis. We, or they, may not see tomorrow.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow. I don't get in here enough so I missed this until now. Bill, I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. Such senseless things can happen sometimes. I pray God will comfort you, and the family of your friend. I certainly hope the miscreants get their reward. God bless friend.