My fitness from martial arts

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
So since I started back in martial arts after my personal issues and taking time out I've been slowly building my fitness back and now im training 5 days a week In classes and doing my own stuff at a lighter pace on the off days my fitness has increased dramatically. I haven't done a huge amount of running a bit here and there and what we do in classes but I entered a 20k run that my daughter was also doing just for the hell of it and I did better than I expected and completed it in 1 hour 42 minutes and I wasn't to tired by the end of it. Another great benefit from marital arts I just thought I'd share

ep391

White Belt
Reaction score
Keep up the good work!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So since I started back in martial arts after my personal issues and taking time out I've been slowly building my fitness back and now im training 5 days a week In classes and doing my own stuff at a lighter pace on the off days my fitness has increased dramatically. I haven't done a huge amount of running a bit here and there and what we do in classes but I entered a 20k run that my daughter was also doing just for the hell of it and I did better than I expected and completed it in 1 hour 42 minutes and I wasn't to tired by the end of it. Another great benefit from marital arts I just thought I'd share
Thats actually a very good time, well done

SOD-WC

Orange Belt
Reaction score
you must be a local sydney sider. good one on the city 2 surf, awesome time

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, now you make me sad, HH. After nursing some injuries, I've gone back to running, and 20K would kick my butt.

Good work, and good job getting enough intensity in your training to get your fitness up!

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Did a 10 k today and did it in 44:35. Probably couldve done better but I just got a cold yesterday and a very annoying sore throat but still happy with the time and came 49th out of 250.

Latest Discussions