my clips

R

RHD

grappling_mandala said:
Hey Mike you got any of the form your training?

Dave Copeland

Well, actually I don't train forms anymore, at least not in the sense that repeat them as a whole....well, repeatedly LOL. The techniques in the clip are some of Hung Ga's 5 element punches in a sequence found in the Tiger and Crane set. There's several videos and books on that form, so if you're interested they're easy to find. Also, I have to stress that the clip is choreographed and "just for fun".

Mike

grappling_mandala

Green Belt
Reaction score
I was more interested in seeing your personal movement style. Figured asking about a form might break the ice. lol

Dave

R

RHD

grappling_mandala said:
I was more interested in seeing your personal movement style. Figured asking about a form might break the ice. lol

Dave

My personal movment style is Hung Ga...
Are you saying you want to see me in action?

Mike

grappling_mandala

Green Belt
Reaction score
Mike,

"In action"? Sure whatever you got.

How long have you studied hung gar? Isn't there some kinda iron body training in hung gar?

Dave

R

RHD

grappling_mandala said:
Mike,

"In action"? Sure whatever you got.

How long have you studied hung gar? Isn't there some kinda iron body training in hung gar?

Dave

I don't have any decent video clips right now, but anticipate some fresh video soon. I have to edit some old stuff on disk.

I have studied HG since 1989.

As for iron body training, some schools use, some don't. However, there is a lot of conditioning involved in HG.

Mike

grappling_mandala

Green Belt
Reaction score
Cool keep me posted, always love experience what people have to share. I know little about Hung Gar. Thanks for the dialog.

Dave Copeland

Latest Discussions