my body is weak how to reduce pain?

skate7board

White Belt
Reaction score
hi guys
i had some inujuries when i go to fights in kick boxing...
i dont know how to make my body iron (my self)
i want to when i get atacks i feel nothing...
people say try scut and get ur legs atacked but thats only for legs..what about face and legs and stomache
PLEASE HELP ME EXPERTS thanks!

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorry to tell you, not going to happen. Not as you describe.

Conditioning can take you so far, and you can increase your pain threshold, but you're still made of the same stuff.

As for head shots, you can't condition against concussion...

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Um I struggled to read half of that but if I'm understanding it right from that terrible spelling and grammar you're asking if you can train your chin...well no you darn you can get some abs yeah get a bit conditioned but you'll always feel it if you get hit in the right place.

Look at Brock lesnar he's huge he took a body kick and hit the deck same with face punches he went down after a few shots.

Sure you can do some training but it'll never make you invincible some simply can take a shot some can't

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sorry to tell you, not going to happen. Not as you describe.

Conditioning can take you so far, and you can increase your pain threshold, but you're still made of the same stuff.

As for head shots, you can't condition against concussion...

Neck strength and good posture will help though.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
hi guys
people say try scut and get ur legs atacked but thats only for legs..what about face and legs and stomache
The pain and discomfort never goes away, you just get used to it. Mental toughness.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
If I understand what you are asking, maybe work more on blocking and counter-attacking.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
hi guys
Your pain thresh hold will slowly increase, tell them to hit you harder to speed up the process, another way is to get very drunk and walk in to fixed objects, doors lamp posts etc, that worked for me, I hardly feel any pain now, apart from if I stub my big toe, , there's nothing on earth can prepare you for that

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
To properly condition your face and head to withstand the punishment of kick boxing, I suggest running into walls. Keep your hands behind your back and sprint as fast as possible into the wall. Begin with dry wall (more give to it) and work your way up to solid concrete. Be sure and let us know how it works out! :)

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
And to condition your body and feet, spread lego blocks about the floor and roll around.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
what about face
Face blocks will toughen the face... Just kidding don't do those. lol. It just takes time to condition your body. You can never condition your face because it's not about your face. It's about the brain that's inside of your skull. The brain is soft and it smashes against the skull. Some people can take punches to the face better than others but has more to do with moving in such a way that the punch doesn't land solid, and even then that only works for some punches. Punches that land on the sweet spot of your skull are basically game over. Punches that land on the sweet spot of the jaw will break the jaw regardless of how well a person can take a punch to the face.

This is foolish and it doesn't matter what type of training you have.

He no longer does it because he learned the hard way that his brain is soft. He does the same thing and pays the price with a forced nap.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
It doesn't work that way. Pain will always be there - you can train and spar to teach yourself not to freeze up when you are hit and not to go to pieces if you do a face plant... but there is nothing beyond that. There is no magic pill.

And if you have some existing injuries or muscular and skeletal issues that produce chronic pain, you need to structure your training around them. Physical therapy helps - where someone qualified can teach you how to stretch and work your body properly to alleviate the issues. But again - they don't go away, you just get more tools to deal with them.

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Your pain thresh hold will slowly increase, tell them to hit you harder to speed up the process, another way is to get very drunk and walk in to fixed objects, doors lamp posts etc, that worked for me, I hardly feel any pain now, apart from if I stub my big toe, , there's nothing on earth can prepare you for that
Don't forget stepping on Lego, that's a whole world of pain.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
And some UK mains electric plugs (if you don't know, I'll supply a pic).
Oh yes, those do indeed hurt,

I one jumped on a 6 inch nail, that was sticking out of a 3b3,that was 8 ft long, the nail hit the inside of my steel toe caps and bent over, I had to Get to hospital with an 8 ft plank nailed to my foot, the hardest part was the Sliding door door I couldn't get close enough to set the Senser ofF unless I turned sideway, then the door would shut before I could turn round

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Your mind will generally give out before your body does.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
And some UK mains electric plugs (if you don't know, I'll supply a pic).
Them ones?
F3310912-01.jpg

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Them ones?
F3310912-01.jpg

Yep.

The cord comes out of the bottom in that picture, so in compliance with the feline butterology theory they always, without fail, land with the pins facing upwards (but only if there's a chance of standing on them, if they're out of the way it's pins down or to the side).